1. Today during Microsoft’s press conference at E3, a man and a woman demonstrated the new fighting game, Killer Instinct.
2. The man, a producer on the game, was winning the match easily. At that point, he started to talk a little trash. Listen at the :27 mark:
3. Regardless of his intention, that is obviously language that is coded in the terms of sexual violence.
4. The woman’s response? “I don’t like it.”
While the producer may have meant this comment innocently, the objectification of women is deeply encoded in gaming culture. That this comment could happen onstage at a major, obsessively coordinated press event, is a testament to this fact.
- Sean Spicer said "his intention is never to lie" as White House press secretary, after making false claims this weekend about Trump's inauguration.
- President Trump signed an executive order that bans foreign organizations that receive US funding from providing abortions.
- Democratic lawmakers say Trump's new hotel in Washington, DC, has lost over $1 million and violates its lease with the government.
- The all-day breakfast boom at McDonald's is over as sales fall for the fast food giant 🍳 📉