4. In 2007, a radio station in Sacramento, Calif., had a contest called "Hold Your Pee for a Wii," which challenged listeners to drink as much water as possible without using the bathroom. One woman died from alleged water intoxication.
5. Duck Hunt and its iconic zapper pistol are part of the NES legend, but the NES version was based on a different game from 1973 called the Laser Clay Shooting System. Not quite as catchy as "Duck Hunt," but probably just as addictive.
6. Nintendo mean "Leave luck to heaven" in Japanese.
12. LEGO is as iconic as it gets, but Nintendo gave their own interlocking block system a try. It clearly didn't sour any feelings, as myriad LEGO games now exist on Nintendo systems. Bricks can't get in the way of good business.
15. Nintendo really thought about making a phone. Instead of an iPhone or Android, you could have had a, um, Donkey Kong Mobile in your pocket. The idea was a Game Boy merged with a smartphone, which is basically every phone on the market these days.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations.
Learn more or
post your buzz!