When we checked in with Siri last weekend, she was harboring a secret grudge against the cell phone-based artificial intelligence system in Spike Jonze’s acclaimed new movie, Her. For once, an Apple product was getting shown up, and it clearly rubbed the iPhone virtual assistant the wrong way.
Days after BuzzFeed exposed the rivalry, it seems that Siri’s tune has changed. Now, if you ask the iPhone assistant about the film — which stars Joaquin Phoenix as a man who falls in love with a futuristic operating system voiced by Scarlett Johansson — Siri is way more diplomatic. For the most part, anyway.
This is either a case of Siri seeing the movie and finding it at least tolerable, or Apple’s engineers deciding to play more games with the public. Probably the latter, of course, since Siri can’t think or fall in love…yet.
2. Such progress!
6. OK, well she’s not entirely kind, anyway…
- Hillary Clinton's campaign is making an unprecedented play for Utah, a state that hasn't gone blue since 1964 🔵
- In case you were wondering, no — a big cyber attack couldn't swing the election.
- Kesha fans rejoice: Sony just confirmed that a new album is in the works 🎵
- People are trolling Eric Trump for apparently getting caught putting lemonade in a free water cup at In-N-Out.