When we checked in with Siri last weekend, she was harboring a secret grudge against the cell phone-based artificial intelligence system in Spike Jonze’s acclaimed new movie, Her. For once, an Apple product was getting shown up, and it clearly rubbed the iPhone virtual assistant the wrong way.
Days after BuzzFeed exposed the rivalry, it seems that Siri’s tune has changed. Now, if you ask the iPhone assistant about the film — which stars Joaquin Phoenix as a man who falls in love with a futuristic operating system voiced by Scarlett Johansson — Siri is way more diplomatic. For the most part, anyway.
This is either a case of Siri seeing the movie and finding it at least tolerable, or Apple’s engineers deciding to play more games with the public. Probably the latter, of course, since Siri can’t think or fall in love…yet.
2. Such progress!
6. OK, well she’s not entirely kind, anyway…
- Donald Trump was sworn in today as the 45th president of the United States of America. 🇺🇸
- Over 90 people have been arrested as anti-Trump protesters and police clash in Washington, DC, during the inauguration.
- As one of his first acts as president, Donald Trump announced the end of certain Obama administration climate and pollution rules.
- US officials didn't know drug lord Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán was being extradited from Mexico to the United States until the day it happened.