1. Teased by their peers, but always ratings winners
Leno is thought of by many comedians as a hack — ask Howard Stern or Jimmy Kimmel — but he brings in the audiences. Leno was the ratings king of late night from 1995 to 2009, when he left the Tonight Show. Once he was installed back in that throne, he took the numbers crown again.
Meanwhile, Fieri earns scorn from high-end chefs like Anthony Bourdain (not to mention New York Times food critics) but he is considered the “face” of the Food Network, with a rotating number of specials in addition to his Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives.
4. Both are still road warriors, performing nationally
Even though they are highly visible via television, Fieri and Leno both take their show on the road as often as possible. Leno has continued to perform a grueling number of stand-up dates throughout his Tonight Show run (he keeps the TV money in a vault and spends the stand-up cash), while Fieri has his own tour and also appears at plenty of food festivals.
8. An affiliation with T.G.I. Fridays
Fieri cut ads for the restaurant chain for two years. Leno did this in 1993.
- The Trump administration wants to send immigrants caught at the southern US border to Mexico even if they're not from the country.
- Several states will keep enforcing bans against transgender discrimination in schools after Trump withdrew guidelines protecting students.
- Police arrested at least 10 people on Wednesday as they began clearing out protester camps at the Dakota Access Pipeline site.
- A couple recently celebrated their engagement with a "La La Land" inspired photo shoot, and it's pretty cute 💍📷