10 Things To Know About The Actress Who Plays The Mother On "HIMYM"
After eight long seasons, the subject of the longest, most inappropriate anecdote a father has ever told his children has been revealed. So what do we know about her?
1. She's 27 and from Cherry Hill, NJ
Milioti went to public school in the southern New Jersey town, where she participated in theater.
2. She earned a Tony nomination for her lead role in Once on Broadway
3. She learned to play the piano in 10 days before her audition
4. She is 30 Rock's Sexy Baby
In auditions, she based the voice on Paris Hilton. Here's what she had to say about Tina Fey: "She's incredible. She's an insane martian genius when it comes to comedy. She's an incredible woman to look up to. But after a while, it was, 'Oh, that's Tina Fey, and she's cool.' We just hung out and ate pretzels. We sat in a warming tent and ate pretzels."
5. She went to NYU's Tisch but dropped out after a year
6. She played Mike Birbiglia's sister Janet in Sleepwalk With Me
"I would never have known that he had never directed a feature film before," she said of Birbiglia. "He and Seth Barrish, who co-directed it, were so loving and generous and kind. And even when shit was really hitting the fan, [Mike] was just so calm and collected. He was like, "All right everyone, it's just going to be like another hour and a half. Anyone want some snacks?" They were under immense pressure, and it was just the loveliest working environment and it was a great group of people.
7. She'll soon co-star in Wolf of Wall Street with this guy
"I play Leonardo DiCaprio's first wife," she revealed. "I'm a hairdresser in Queens in the '80s, and we're newly married as he's working his way up the chain."
8. She doesn't read reviews
9. She dates a furniture-maker and lives in Bushwick, Brooklyn
"Milioti and Hooker have hosted many dinner parties, including a Thanksgiving gathering for the cast of Once along with the couple's family and friends," according to the NY Post. "'We cooked a 20-pound, free-range turkey,'" Milioti says. 'Jesse is a really good cook, and I've gotten much better.'"