1. Sausage & Veggie Quiche #TastyFreshFriday
2. Here’s a video that shows you how to make it:
½ pound chicken sausage
½ cup onion, chopped
½ cup mushroom, chopped
4 ounces spinach, chopped
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 cup milk
1 premade pie crust, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350˚F/180˚C.
- Cook sausage over medium-high until lightly browned, about 5-7 minutes, being sure to break up the meat into a fine mince.
- Remove cooked sausage from pan and wipe away excess fat with a paper towel.
- Add onion and sauté until softened and translucent, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add mushrooms, salt, and pepper and continue to cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Add chopped spinach and cook until wilted and no extra liquid has accumulated in the bottom of the pan. (NOTE: Do your best to use the excessive moisture of the spinach and mushrooms to deglaze the bottom of the pan, scraping away any browned bits from cooking the sausage earlier.)
- Once cooked, remove the spinach and mushroom mixture from the pan and combine it with the reserved cooked sausage. Stir to mix evenly.
- Combine eggs and milk. Lightly whisk until just combined.
- Add sausage and spinach mixture to the bottom of a prepared 9-inch pie crust, making sure to spread it evenly. Pour in beaten eggs to fill the rest of the pie crust and top with a generous sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350˚F/180˚C for 25 minutes or until the eggs are set and the top is lightly browned. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.