1. Pesto Chicken Garlic Knot Sliders
2. Here’s a video that shows you how to make them:
Servings: 16 sliders
Pizza dough (2 pies worth, or about 1.5-2 lbs)
3 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
1 8-ounce jar of pesto
2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
3 tablespoons salted butter, melted
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400˚F/200˚C.
2. Cut pizza dough into eighths. (Each ball of dough should yield 8 even-sized pieces of dough, for a total of 16).
3. Using your hands, roll each piece of dough into a thin strip about 7 inches long. Then carefully tie them into a knot, tucking the loose ends of dough underneath.
4. Place each tied knot on a baking sheet or casserole dish with high sides, nestling them close together in a 4×4 grid. Once all the knots are placed in the dish, cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
5. Uncover and bake for 12 minutes or until the slider buns are golden brown and no doughy grey bits remain.
6. Once the knots are out of the oven, lower the oven temperature to 350˚F/180˚C.
7. Allow the knots to cool, carefully remove them from the baking dish and cut the grid horizontally,creating both a top and bottom piece. (NOTE: It’s helpful to hold the knots together with a towel on top while cutting them horizontally, as the motion of the knife might cause some of them to pull apart.)
8. Return the bottom half of the knot-grid to the original baking dish. Evenly layer the bread with cooked chicken, followed by the pesto and mozzarella cheese. Place the top half of the garlic knots on top.
9. Mix together melted butter, garlic, and parsley. Brush mixture liberally over the top of the knots.
10. Bake at 350˚F/180˚C for an additional 10 minutes until the tops of the knots are golden brown and cheese is melted.
11. Pull apart for individual sliders.