1. Move over, Cronut, there’s a new food hybrid in town. It’s called the everything doughnut.
2. As you might guess from the name, the pastry is a combination of an everything bagel and a deep-fried doughnut — basically a dream come true for people who like their breakfast sweet and savory.
3. Now the specifics: The fried yeast doughnut has a sweet cream cheese glaze, which is then topped off with poppy and sesame seeds, garlic, sea salt, and pepitas.
6. Personally, I was surprised that something both sweet and garlicky/salty could actually taste good — and it definitely did. However, the sweet glaze overpowers the savory toppings by far, making it taste much more like a doughnut than a bagel.
Would I eat it again? Sure.
8. The everything doughnuts — and other unique pastries like a ricotta-stuffed beet doughnut — are available at The Doughnut Project in NYC’s West Village.
- And no, people aren't drilling headphone jacks into their new iPhone 7's 📱❌