1. Move over, Cronut, there’s a new food hybrid in town. It’s called the everything doughnut.
2. As you might guess from the name, the pastry is a combination of an everything bagel and a deep-fried doughnut — basically a dream come true for people who like their breakfast sweet and savory.
3. Now the specifics: The fried yeast doughnut has a sweet cream cheese glaze, which is then topped off with poppy and sesame seeds, garlic, sea salt, and pepitas.
6. Personally, I was surprised that something both sweet and garlicky/salty could actually taste good — and it definitely did. However, the sweet glaze overpowers the savory toppings by far, making it taste much more like a doughnut than a bagel.
Would I eat it again? Sure.
8. The everything doughnuts — and other unique pastries like a ricotta-stuffed beet doughnut — are available at The Doughnut Project in NYC’s West Village.
- Top legal scholars will be filing the 1st major lawsuit against President Donald Trump's alleged business conflicts on Monday.
- "Welcome to the movement": Women's March on Washington organizers are working tirelessly to make sure first-time marchers stick around ✊
- A mass grave in Mexico contained the remains of 56 people, many of whom went missing in 2010, authorities said Sunday.
- The New England Patriots are heading to the Super Bowl yet again. They'll play the Atlanta Falcons on Feb. 5 🏈