1. Move over, Cronut, there’s a new food hybrid in town. It’s called the everything doughnut.
2. As you might guess from the name, the pastry is a combination of an everything bagel and a deep-fried doughnut — basically a dream come true for people who like their breakfast sweet and savory.
3. Now the specifics: The fried yeast doughnut has a sweet cream cheese glaze, which is then topped off with poppy and sesame seeds, garlic, sea salt, and pepitas.
6. Personally, I was surprised that something both sweet and garlicky/salty could actually taste good — and it definitely did. However, the sweet glaze overpowers the savory toppings by far, making it taste much more like a doughnut than a bagel.
Would I eat it again? Sure.
8. The everything doughnuts — and other unique pastries like a ricotta-stuffed beet doughnut — are available at The Doughnut Project in NYC’s West Village.
- So about that wall: Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto says he told Donald Trump his country's not paying for it.
- Brazil's senate has voted to remove Dilma Rousseff as president over a months-long corruption scandal.
- Here's how bankers are using a powerful, little-known justice system to turn a huge profit: part three of a BuzzFeed News investigation.
- Researchers have found the first identical twin puppies ever in the dog species 🐶 🐶