1. "I met my best friend on the first day of kindergarten, and we’ve been getting mistaken for each other for 15 years now. But we definitely don’t mind — we might as well be sisters anyways!"
2. "I saw this guy from across the bar who looked like a shorter version of my buddy, so I made them take a photo!"
4. "Here is my dad and his doppelgänger. My daughters even picked the wrong 'papa' when they saw the photo! 🤣"
5. "I found my doppelgänger at work. I told him we could do whatever we wanted because we could blame it on the other guy."
6. "My husband’s coworker kept telling me I looked like his wife. When we finally met, I agreed! She’s now one of my dearest friends."
8. "My girlfriend met her doppelgänger and found out they have mountain tattoos in the same spot!"
9. "My friend Rob (on the left), who is a stand-up comedian, met his doppelgänger while performing at a gig in London. I couldn't believe it when I saw the likeness. Same amount of stubble! Same hairstyle! Same glasses! They are, as far as we know, unrelated!"
11. "My friend found her doppelgänger at a party!"
12. "My boyfriend met his doppelgänger at a wedding."
14. "I met my doppelgänger today!"
15. "Two of my friends are doppelgängers. They lived 700 miles apart, but both moved to Denver. Now they are adventure buddies."
17. "I didn’t meet this person, but she was a stock photo model in a frame my mom bought a few years ago. Before she added a photo to the frame, my stepdad walked by and said, “Who’s that guy with Natalie?!” I’ve never met her and have no idea who she is, but I hope she still gets royalties from the photo."
Captions have been edited for length and clarify.