2. Korean tacos from Far East Taco Grille:
3. Build your own pizza — with unlimited toppings — at &pizza.
Where: There are nine locations throughout the D.C. metro area, plus locations at Washington National and Dulles International airports.
Cost: Less than $10. Prices vary by location.
Recommended by Mallory O'Connor, Facebook.
4. Tacos, for breakfast, lunch, or dinner from District Taco:
Where: Three locations in D.C. — Dupont Circle, Eastern Market, and Metro Center — with locations in Arlington and Alexandria.
Cost: Three tacos for $8.
"District Taco is unfairly delicious!" — Alex Levin, Facebook
6. A stuffed-to-the-max pita sandwich from Amsterdam Falafel Shop:
7. A sweet or savory empanada from Julia's Empanadas:
Where: Julia's has three locations in the District — in Adams Morgan, Dupont Circle, and Brightwood.
Cost: $4.18 for savory; $2.50 for sweet.
Recommended by Becka Wall, Facebook.
8. A cupcake from Baked and Wired:
Where: Find them in Georgetown at 1052 Thomas Jefferson St. NW.
Cost: $3.85 per cupcake.
"The Pretty Bitchin’ cupcake from Baked and Wired was one of my favorite things when I lived in D.C. The best chocolate cake ever, topped with the best peanut butter frosting ever. It was pretty bitchin'." — molliecatherineh
9. A grilled cheese deluxe from FoBoGro:
Where: Find them at 2140 F St. NW.
Cost: $3.99 for the grilled cheese deluxe; $5–9 for other sandwiches.
Recommended by Andy Lieberman, Facebook.
11. The spicy lemongrass pho at Pho Viet:
12. The homemade toaster pastries from Ted's Bulletin:
Where: There are two D.C. locations — on 8th St. SE and 14th St. NW — and locations in Fairfax, Reston, and Gaithersburg.
Cost: Substitute toast with a toaster pastry (it's just like a Pop-Tart) at breakfast for around $2.
Recommended by dariennp.
13. A big-ass piece of pizza from Jumbo Slice:
Where: Find your drunk food in Adams Morgan at 2341 18th St. NW.
Cost: $5–7 per slice.
Recommended by katec30.
14. Honey hot wings at Boundary Stone:
Where: Find them at 116 Rhode Island Ave. NW.
Cost: Chicken wings for $9; seitan wings for $10.
Recommended by Victor Dooley, Facebook.
15. The peri-peri chicken at Nando's:
17. The Italian hoagie from Bub & Pop's:
Where: Find Bub & Pop's in Dupont Circle at 1815 M St. NW.
Recommended by Mike Bock, Facebook.
18. A rice bowl from TaKorean:
Where: Find them at Union Market and the Yards. The food truck is closed for the winter.
Cost: Around $9.
Recommended by Marissa Boyd, Facebook.
20. The loaded buns at Sakuramen:
Where: Find them at 2441 18th St. NW.
Recommended by Kat Leonard, Facebook.