33 Things For Anyone Who Simply Cannot Deal With Hot Weather
I guarantee you'll find something in this post to help you cool down.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A facial ice roller you'll love pulling out of the fridge or freezer to treat your face to some cool relief after spending all day simmering in the sun.
Reviewers also swear by this for puffiness and migraines!
Promising review: "Well made for the price. I find it’s helpful in the morning for puffy eyes. It’s great to use after a workout in sunny Florida. I use it to cool down and reduce redness after exercising." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $12.99+ (available in nine colors).
2. A helpful and aesthetically pleasing BruMate insulated can cooler because nothing's more disappointing than your crisp, refreshing White Claw losing its chill before you're even halfway through drinking it. Reviewers love how 1) there's no condensation, 2) it has a non-slip base that fits in most cup holders 3) it's 20 TIMES colder than standard can-coolers, *and* 4) it comes in a variety of super ~cool~ colors so you can choose the one that perfectly matches your vibe.
This fits a standard 12-ounce slim can, and was designed to still be able to fit in car cup holders. It'll keep drinks icy cold for several hours, and twenty times colder than a standard neoprene can cooler. Psst — you can check out the rest of BruMate's options for different-sized cans, wines, cocktails, and more.
Promising review: "I ordered two, one for myself and one for my husband. I've got to say these are an absolutely amazing product. We live in Southwest Florida (it ALWAYS HOTT 🔥). So needless to say having a coolie that actually keeps our drinks COLD, is truly awesome! We absolutely LOVE them. Not only do they keep your drink very cold, they keep them cold for hours. I accidentally left my drink in the car (our very black car) on a day that was pushing just over 98°-not including the 'feels like' temp. When I got back to the car, about 1.5 hours later, drink was STILL VERY COLD! I was absolutely amazed! There isn't ever any condensation, it feels sturdy in your hand, not 'slippery,' and it it not bulky or awkward! Those are just a few of the reasons why I am ordering several more. If you're on the fence, BUY them. They pay for themselves over and over again!" —Kara Ohlsen
Get it from Amazon for $19.99 (available in 24 colors).
3. A hugely popular set of breathable, cooling bed sheets for all you hot sleepers out there who just cannot seem to nod off without a sheet over your body... even when it's boiling hot in your apartment. Thanks to this set — which has earned over 88,000 5-star reviews — your nightly troubles may finally be over.
Promising review: "I bought two sets of the sheets, one in navy blue and one in white. I have had the most fun with interchanging the colors so it's really like I have three or four sets sheets. These sheets are just the best, they wash well don't wrinkle even after you slept on them and they just feels so great on the skin. I live in Florida and they are just the best weight ever for the hot humid nights down here, and even if it gets a little chilly with the AC on the body adjust to the cool air with the help of the sheets. I guarantee you won't be sorry that you purchased the sheets. They are reasonably priced — I'm sure there's better for several hundred dollars, but that's out of my budget. I highly recommend these for grandparents moms and dads kids and teens, they are just great!" —HarmonyLady
Get it from Amazon for $27.99+ (available in seven sizes and 19 colors).
4. And a set of cooling satin pillowcases perfect for anyone who is constantly flipping their pillow to the ~cool side~. Plus, they're super soft on your skin and help keep your hair from turning into a tangled mess while you snooze.
Promising review: "I've been using these pillowcases for about a week now and I have to say that they have really seemed to help my hair not be so frizzy when I wake up! I live in a hot and humid climate and my hair normally just makes my life awful this time of year (summer). I have been trying a couple of new things to help my hair, like using Moroccan Oil on the ends and these pillowcases and it's really a lot better. I also feel better about sleeping on my side now and don't worry so much that I'm creating wrinkles. I would definitely buy these again and recommend them!" —R. Spann
Get a set of two from Amazon for $9.99 (available in 23 colors and four sizes).
5. A hands-free portable neck fan that's a game changer when you have no choice but to be on the go during the hottest time of the year. It charges via USB and will make any outfit look *and* feel much much ~cooler~!
It has three speeds to choose from and also lights up, making you more visible at night. Reviewers note that you should definitely put your hair in a ponytail (but that it's easy to unsnag if it gets caught).
Promising review: "This neck fan is really lightweight and fashionable design. And I'm happy with the powerful airflow, good solution to keeping cool. The mini neck fan can be adjusted between three speed modes: low, medium and high, depending on your needs. Easy to fit in any backpack, also it can be placed on the table as a desk fan. A very nice product." —Ashley
Get it from Amazon for $11.99 (available in six colors).
6. A lightweight ventilated cooling cap with UPF 50 protection you can wear on its own *or* under a hat or helmet to help beat the heat. All you have to do is get it wet, and it will instantly chill to 30 degrees below average body temperature in under 30 seconds so you can stay cool for hours! Plus, it'll help keep sweat from dripping into your eyes, which we can all agree is the WORST.
7. A set of popular moisture-wicking exercise socks designed to help keep your feet cool and dry, while also helping prevent blisters so you can go about your regular routine even on the hottest days without dealing with sweaty, painful foot discomfort.
Promising review: "Great running socks! I got these for the tab in the back that fits high enough in my running shoes to eliminate blisters. These definitely handle moisture, even in the Florida heat." —Leslie Cornwall
Get a pack of six from Amazon for $14.95+ (available in four color combos and sizes S-L).
8. An easy-to-use Takeya cold brew maker with an an airtight lid and stainless-steel filter so you can just pop in some water and your favorite grounds, leave it in the fridge overnight, and have 4 servings of perfect cold brew ready to chill you out on hot days — without having to leave the house and face the boiling sun!
Just add up to six tablespoons of your go-to coffee beans into the filter, fill it with water, and leave it in the fridge for 24 or up to 36 hours. Then, remove the filter from the pitcher and — BAM — you've got some delicious coffee that'll stay fresh for up to two weeks in the fridge!
Promising review: "This was my first cold brewing experience, but this product made it easy! Just put your coffee in the filter, fill it with water, and forget it in the fridge for a day! Plus, I love that everything comes apart easily and can be put in the dishwasher." —shackelforrd
Get it from Amazon for $19.99+ (available in two sizes and three colors).
Check out one BuzzFeeder's full review to learn more about why we love it.
9. Or a HyperChiller for anyone looking for more immediate chilling action. This thing will turn any hot or cold non-carbonated drink into an iced one in *less than 60 seconds* WITHOUT watering it down. Try it out with wine, cocktails, or even steaming hot coffee and thank me later!
Promising review: "I’m absolutely in love with the Hyperchiller!!!! I live in South Texas. It’s HOT and that makes it hard to enjoy my coffee in the morning. This little thing gives you iced coffee without watering it down!! There are three compartments- outer most compartment is where you put in water to freeze, middle is where the coffee is poured and then inner most compartment is more ice. When you’re ready for your coffee you pour it directly into the lid which goes into the center compartment. You can let it sit or swirl it around. And WHALAHH!!!! It’s honestly the coolest thing!!" —Staci Leitko
Get it from Amazon for $24.99+ (available in three colors).
10. A set of insulated blackout curtains to form a barrier between your bedroom and the scorching heat just outside your windows so you can stop feeling like you're waking up inside a sauna every morning. Plus, it'll also help keep light and noise out so you can sleep in without being disturbed!
Plus, these come in a bunch of colors so you can find ones that match your home's aesthetic perfectly!
Promising review: "The material is soft, not the hard cardboard feeling. We bought the smoke grey and boy, looks elegant when hung up. I couldn't believe the difference it made, it blocked out the sunlight! Yes it made the room dark but look at what I'm buying. That room would get so hot, you could feel the heat from the sun the glass sliding door and through the curtains. Game-changer with these new curtains. Just one day after after installing them, I walked in and I couldn't believe how cool the room was. Totally recommend this product." —Mo Mo
Get it from Amazon for $20.90+ (available in 10 sizes and 25 colors).
11. An ultra-cooling bamboo fabric sleep set so you can stop waking up in the middle of the night to remove sweat-covered layers of sleep clothes.
Promising review: "I will never buy another pair of warm weather PJs again other than these. I am a thirtysomething post-baby lady, and with my hormones paired with living in Arizona, I needed PJs that were cool and comfortable. But I often found that the fabric of other PJs would rapidly get worn, pilled, and rough. These silky soft PJs have been going strong for months now through countless hot flashes and heat waves when it would get into the 80s in our bedroom. If you are a hot-blooded person and need to cool down, I can't recommend these PJs enough. I literally never leave reviews but felt compelled to preach to others the good word of Latuza's PJs." —Margery
Get it from Amazon for $21.99+ (available in women's sizes S-4X and 13 colors).
12. A durable adjustable folding umbrella for when you wanna spend the day out in the yard, but need somewhere shadey to hide from the sun.
13. Or a "sport-brella" — an adjustable personal umbrella complete with a universal clamp so you can latch it onto *any* chair for instant shade no matter where you are! Plus, it easily folds down and comes with a compact, lightweight carrying case, making it easy to transport if you're on the go.
Psst — a lot of reviewers swear by this for easy hands-free shade solutions for strollers and wheelchairs as well!
Promising review: "I live in Florida and have two children in sports that I spend countless hours going to practice and games in the hot summer sun... I quickly learned to get a clip-on fan and umbrella to help stay cool, but the small sporting goods store umbrellas only ever seem to work if the sun is directly over your head, not coming from the side, or roasting your back or neck. Finding this Sport-Brella was like a gift from above. It is bigger, blocks more sun, and most importantly, can be adjusted into all kinds of angles to block the sun from whatever direction it comes from. It is also more durable than previous sport umbrellas I've used in the past. I'm sold on this... it costs a little more, but well worth the investment if you need to spend a lot of time at games and practice." —Wolfshanze
Get it from Amazon for $22.48+ (available in two sizes and eight colors).
15. A convenient tabletop fan designed so you can have your own personal breeze whenever you need it most. Reviewers also love how the white noise it gives off helps them focus or fall asleep.
Promising review: "I was blown away (no pun intended) by how well it circulates air in a child's bedroom! We set it on the dresser and it easily reaches the other side of the room with air even on the low setting and keeps the room cool at night very well on the high setting. We live in Arizona so we need the circulation! Overall wonderful fan for the price!" —Sarah
Get it from Amazon for $21.18+ (available in two colors).
16. Or a portable oscillating tower fan powerful enough to cool any sized room and help move air around your home — without drowning out your TV with annoying noise. It even comes with a remote control so you don't have to get up to turn it on and off or switch the three speed settings! Reviewers love the advanced sleep features, auto shutoff, and timer functions that make this fan a must-have for hot weather. The tall, slender design saves space and helps it fit easily in small nooks and crannies, *and* you can use the built in handle to conveniently move it from one room to another! Let's just say, most people who own this thing have turned into its biggest ~fans~.
Promising review: "I live in Louisiana. Not only is the temperature around what the fiery pits of Hell must be like, but there is also humidity to add even more fun to it. I come home to a house that is roughly around 84 degrees F at 5:30 in the evening so I needed a little help with cooling off. Within five minutes of turning this thing on it was like an angel had come down from heaven and began to personally blow cool air on my face. I was genuinely close to tears. If this thing only lasts a month it will have been worth the money." —Lori
Get it from Amazon for $63.99+ (available in two colors).
17. A pack of SweatBlock clinical antiperspirant wipes for anyone dealing with excessive sweat, because spending money on an array of fancy deodorants and doctor visits full of empty promises is truly the ~pits~.
Apply it every seven days! This is STRONG so if you have sensitive skin, I'd suggest you do a spot test first.
Promising review: "For anyone who might be skeptic, please allow me to put you at ease. If you have hyperhidrosis, meaning it can be nine degrees outside and you're still sweating under your arms, this product has the potential to change your life. I would sweat THROUGH a sport coat before noon. Enter the Sweat Block product. I've had it for three weeks and it is life-changing. I DO NOT sweat under my arms anymore. I'm still on the original box that I bought three weeks ago. I had to write a review after I was cleaning the garage today in 85-degree heat. I was sweating through my shirt on my back — BUT NOT MY UNDERARMS. It is amazing!" —Frosty McGee
Get a pack of eight from Amazon for $19.99 (each box lasts two months).
18. A set of stackable, stick-shaped ice molds that'll make perfectly sized ice sticks you can drop directly into your water bottle, helping it stay colder for longer. Try filling them with juice instead of water to add a little flavor kick to your refreshing beverage!
Promising review: "I got these to make ice cubes that I could fit into hot water bottles to make 'cold water bottles.' I'm in the big heat wave and it's been over 100 every day for the last week, with no sign of it letting up any time soon. These are quick and easy and the cold water bottles have been the only thing helping me sleep in a room anywhere between 80-90 degrees at night. I love the lids! It makes my ice trays easy to stack and more secure. I wish all ice trays came with lids like this!" —AJ Stark
Get a set of three from Amazon for $8.99+ (available with and without covers).
19. A set of cooling towels that chill *instantly* when soaked in water and wrung out. Wear one around your neck for cooling relief that can last up to THREE hours, *or* if you don't feel like wearing it, just grab it for a quick cool down whenever you need!
It also keeps its chill for hours and will immediately get chilly again when you soak it in water and repeat the process.
Promising review: "It gets to be over 100 degrees in the summer where I live. These come in handy when working in the yard, at the beach or even at the county fair when it's super hot. What a relief these are to use when the weather is hot. I've purchased these many times because I always seem to give them out especially to those that work outside in the heat (mail carrier, pool guy, landscaper...) and they are always very appreciative." —Realfoodmama
Get a pack of four from Amazon for $15.99+ (available in 11 colors).
20. Or a best-selling cooling neck wrap that'll help keep you nice and cool for hours. Just soak it in water for 30 minutes and tie it around your neck like a cute lil' bandana. Plus, it comes in a bunch of super cute patterns so no one even has to know that it provides a function other than looking fashionable! You can also microwave it in the winter if you need a little extra something to keep you warm!
Avally Creations is a Washington-based Etsy shop that specializes in cooling neck wraps.
Promising review: "AMAZING! We recently took a Fourth of July trip to New Mexico where the temps were a dreadful 100 degrees. These neck gel wraps made all the difference. My shoes were literally melting on the pavement, but having the cooling gel around our necks kept us cool and able to explore the sights. We also found them easy to use and they stayed cool for hours — like magic! Wonderful product and will definitely be purchasing them in the future!" —Fattie Stingray
21. A popular water-resistant Under Armour face mask made with special Iso-Chill fabric that actually feels cool against your skin and won't overheat despite being bulkier than other masks. It's also ingeniously designed to sit off of your lips so you can stop sucking drenched fabric into your mouth with every breath and breathe a little more comfortably!
BuzzFeed Editor Emma Lord has this and loves it! Here's why:
"Hey, there's my face again! This mask has the approval of a *ton* of runners and athletes in its reviews, but also runners IRL. I run in Central Park four days a week and I am constantly seeing other runners in this mask. I have two of them in my own run rotation, and I'm impressed not only by how well they stay in place and don't get over-sweaty and gross on long runs, but by how well they wash up and maintain their shape. The straps are super soft on your ears, too. I've gotten to used to straps chafing on longer runs that I was surprised by what a difference this made. I gifted one of these to my dad for Christmas, too, and it's his go-to for walks and errand running. It's just an overall easier mask to breathe in (while still maintaining a tight fit and keeping the people around you safe!)."
Another promising review: "Compared to the 10 other masks I've tried with their silly holders, these are by far the best masks yet. I now have eight of these. One for each day of the week and an extra if i lose one (which I did). Must have for any office, shopping, etc outing. This mask does not suck into your mouth while talking, you have room to breath, keeps you cool and if you have to wear you glasses just prop them over the nose bridge to prevent fogging. Keeps me cool and happy. MUST HAVE!!!" —B
Type Of Fit: Around the ear loops
Pocket For Filter: No
Fabric Type: Iso-Chill fabric
Shipping Time: Standard shipping
Get it from Amazon for $22.99+ (available in five sizes and seven colors; for reference, Emma's wearing the Small-Medium above).
22. A bamboo laptop desk with built-in vents because there's nothing worse than having an overheating computer on your lap when your apartment already feels like it's a thousand degrees. This mini-desk will keep your legs free, and the vents will allow your laptop's fan to do its thing. Plus you can easily adjust it to your preferred angle so you can stop craning your neck all day, *and* you can even use it as a breakfast tray when you're taking a break from screen time.
23. A personal USB fan you can plug directly into your laptop for those hot days when you feel like you could cook an egg on your forehead.
Promising review: "I bought this fan two years ago, and it's been used quite a bit. I used to carry with me in my laptop bag, but have since migrated it over to my desk, where i still use it very often. On very long gaming sessions I'll also connect it to my Nintendo switch. Great fan, worth the price!" —Morgas
Get it from Amazon for $9.99.
24. A wintergreen lip balm designed for anyone who hates ending up with dry and chapped lips due to the heat. Plus, the organic oils also have a cooling effect for quick relief when you need it most!
Mountainess Handmade is a Maine-based Etsy shop established in 2013 that specializes in skin care and candles.
Promising review: "Happy repeat buyer! I live in a desert so I need something that will really work in helping protect against the extreme heat, cold, and drying climate. I use these lip balms and I have my family using them, as well. We all love them! Thanks for making such a wonderful product. :)" —inCandysCorner
25. A reusable Revlon Oil-Absorbing Volcanic Face Roller for anyone who wants to stop buying disposable oil-blotting sheets. This works the same way! Just roll it over your T-zone or other greasy areas, and soak up excess oil *without* messing up your carefully applied makeup.
26. A cooling herbal therapy body butter that uses aloe vera, shea butter, and raw unrefined coconut oil to help you stay cool in the boiling heat while also offering muscle ache relief.
Skin Foodie is an Ohio-based Etsy shop established in 2014 that specializes in sustainably sourced, fair trade, and organic skincare.
Promising review: "Love the creamy, foamy-ish texture (In my opinion). I purchased Herbal Therapy. It has a relaxing peppermint scent. Received compliments on how soft and silky my skin feels. The peppermint feels cool and stays on in the hot humid Miami weather. Thank you for your product." —Lourdes Rodriguez
27. A borderline magical Muslin Comfort blanket that's ultra breathable and temperature regulating so you can snuggle up without waking up at 3 a.m. in a pool of your own sweat. Plus, it's oversized, so you and your blanket-hogging partner (or dog) can stop fighting each other for coverage every dang night.
Muslin Comfort is a woman-owned small business based in California that was born after owner Shyla realized she couldn't find an adult-sized blanket made from the same breathable muslin as her son's baby blanket. Now you — an adult — can quite literally sleep like a baby!
Promising review: "Oh my gosh... I love this blanket so much. It is exactly what I was looking to add to our bed. My partner and I are warm sleepers, so a duvet cover always felt like too much. This is the perfect weight for all seasons, and we can easily add an extra blanket for winter months. I'm so happy with how it feels, looks, and lays on the bed. Amazing product." —Margaret E.
Get this blanket from Muslin Comfort for $174.99+ (available in four sizes and three colors).
28. An ice pop mold kit so you can stop splurging on a constantly supply of grocery store ice pops during the hot season and start making your own! Now you can even get a little experimental with the flavors and have constant access to a refreshing treat.
Promising review: "Love love love these popsicle molds! I make my boys watermelon ice pops every summer for them and our neighborhood kiddos. I decided this summer to try a different mold and settled on this one. Great quality and made extremely well! I’m ordering a second mold!" —Christi
Get it from Amazon for $7.99+ (available in four colors and six sizes).
29. A cooling body spray reviewers swear offers much-needed relief from sweltering heat, sunburns, and hot flashes. You'll wanna keep this stuff nearby whether you're running errands, heading out on a hiking trip, or just going about your business at home so you can give yourself a quick, cooling spritz whenever you feel like you're overheating.
Rooted Earth is a Maine-based Etsy shop established in 2013 that specializes in small batch skin care and herbal apothecary goods.
Promising review: "This body spray is perfect to help me get through my wedding, which unfortunately is going to be at the height of an August heatwave. —Jenna
30. A bed-sized cooling bamboo blanket for anyone who can't fall asleep without the weight of a blanket, but *also* can't fall asleep in a bed that's starting to feel like a sauna.
Promising review: "Yes! Yes! Yes! First off, I live in Arizona, the hot weather is brutal! But I am the type of person who likes to sleep under the covers but rather not sweat through the whole night. This blanket is light, soft and breathable! It was exactly what I was looking for! I recommend buying it." —Silvia
Get it from Amazon for $11.99+ (available in five sizes and 14 colors).
31. A double-duty fan you can use in lieu of a pricey window AC unit. It's complete with two speed settings as well as a reverse setting that'll pull fresh air in while sending stale air packing.
Promising review: "I live in northern California, with a relatively mild climate compared to many other parts of the country. Still, during the late summer/early fall months, we can experience some heat waves and hot days. My bedroom is on the second floor and even with an oscillating floor fan, it would get quite unpleasantly hot and stay too warm for me during the night. I saw the reviews and decided to give this dual window fan a try, as it wasn't too expensive. I am very glad I did. I had to place mine vertically as I have slider-winder, but it was very easy to install. It has made a noticeable difference. I leave it on low all night long, pulling in the cooler night are and it gets chilly enough in my room that I need to pull the covers over me." —Jane in California
Get it from Amazon for $39.99+ (available in two styles).
32. A cooling Biofreeze gel for anyone who hates having to rely on heating pads for pain relief when it's uncomfortably hot out. Whether you're dealing with sore muscles and joints, backaches, arthritis pain, or other afflictions, this fast-acting, long-lasting menthol blend helps instantly soothe both small and large muscle areas while offering cooling relief. It's no wonder athletes love this stuff.
Promising review: "I use various pain relieving products in various forms. Biofreeze is one of the best topical ointments I have found. I have had both my knees replaced, my left ankle is more metal than bone. I have both osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis and have back issues. But, I also do 5K and I am currently training for a half marathon. I also do Spin classes on a regular basis. Biofreeze keeps me going. It smells like menthol when you first put it on. It's a nice smell, if you like menthol. Either way, the smell does go away after awhile. Still, if you don't like the smell of cooling menthol, this is not the product for you. Biofreeze gives you a cooling sensation when you first apply it to your skin that is especially nice in the summer where I live (Phoenix, Arizona). It's colorless, so it's never stained any of my clothes. Biofreeze is not tested on animals which is important to me." —Bunny Shawe
Get it from Amazon for $15.32.