36 Helpful Cleaning Products Under $10 Because Who Feels Like Spending Money On Cleaning Products Anyway
Here's a quick rundown of some products that'll save you time and money so you can move onto a more *fun* activity.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A bottle of Hope's Perfect Sink Cleaner and Polish whose powers lies in its three R's: It'll 1) restore your sink with a shine that'll make it look brand new, 2) remove tough water and rust stains without leaving behind ugly scratches, and 3) repel water to make future cleaning even easier! This stuff works great on brushed stainless steel, cast-iron, porcelain, Corian, and composite surfaces.
2. Some Ecotools Makeup Brush Cleansing Shampoo that'll make it easy to get rid of the gunk that's been hanging out in your brushes for way too long while also conditioning old applicators to return bristles and sponges to their original, gentle form in just minutes!
3. A flexible Oxo Good Grips dish squeegee with a curved edge that makes it so much easier to clear leftover food from plates and bowls so you can save time *and* water.
Promising review: "If you have ever had to repair or replace a garbage disposal, then I am sure you have been lectured on basically only allowing crumbs to fall into the disposal. This dish squeegee makes prepping dishes for a dishwasher or sink washing a breeze. I hold the dish over the trash can and after a few swipes, the dish is ready for washing. In comparison to using a paper towel, it saves you money, helps protect the environment, and keeps your fingers free from gunk." —She Who Reads
Get it from Amazon for $6.99.
4. A jar of the Pink Stuff paste, which has reached cult-favorite status for being great at removing stains, rust, discoloration, and other stubborn marks from metal, ceramic tiles, saucepans, barbecues, and much more without leaving behind any scratches!
5. A universal dust cleaning gel miraculously able to get to those nearly impossible to reach nooks and crannies in your keyboard, car vents, printer, and other appliances. It's weirdly fun to use, has a pleasant lemony smell, and is nonstick so you won't have any gooey residue left behind!
6. An adjustable duster brush ingeniously designed to help you get rid of all that dust hanging out on your window blinds, fans, and air conditioners without breakin' a sweat!
7. A game-changing scrubber/sponge/dishcloth/scouring pad hybrid that dries in about 15 minutes (unlike normal sponges) to prevent odor-causing bacteria growth. The abrasive surface is great for making easy work of scrubbing everything from dishes and pans to showers and sinks — *without* leaving any scratches behind. Plus, debris rinses off easily, so you don't even have to put them in the washer. See ya never, smelly sponges!
8. Watermark-removing cloths here to save the day if the people sharing your home seem to have never heard of an obscure little concept called "using a coaster."
9. A dryer lint brush that makes it so much easier to remove lint and dust buildup around the house. Plus, removing blockage from refrigerators, dryers, and other vents can help keep your electric bill from going through the roof and prevent dangerous fires.
10. A pack of dishwasher-cleaning tablets, because who wants to spend time loading up the dishwasher only for it to present you with dishes that are STILL dirty?? No thank you. Just pop these tabs in and let them do the job for you!
11. A reusable duster you can attach to your Swiffer cleaner because it's cheaper in the long run *and* more eco-friendly! The eight layers of durable non-fraying fabric are fantastic at collecting dust, and you can just throw them in the washing machine whenever they need a lil' clean.
Heads up that you shouldn't use fabric softener on these!
TS Designs is an Etsy shop based in West Leroy, Michigan that sells eco-friendly products like reusable water balloons, mop pads, sandwich and snack bags. They also offer a cute selection of gifts like fleece mittens, mugs, and affirmation cards.
Promising review: "These are very well made and a great addition to my cleaning supplies. I love them! They fit perfectly on the Swiffer and are easy to wash." —Frances Weckmann
12. A grout paint pen that works like a regular marker so that even the least handy person can easily cover up the years of dirt and grime keeping your bathroom from ever looking truly clean.
13. A powerful rust-removing spray — it dissolves rust on contact so you can simply wipe it clean *without* all that scrubbing you didn't feel like doing in the first place.
14. A fume-free oven cleaner perfectly capable of tearing through years and years of baked-on crud so all you have to do is wipe it clean.
15. A nonabrasive Bar Keepers Friend cleansing and polishing powder that'll magically remove the years of rust, tarnish, stains, and other buildup you've basically given up on trying to get off of your old cookware, sinks, cooktops, countertops, backsplashes, tubs, toilets, faucets, vehicles, grills, and much much more! Basically, if it's made of porcelain, copper, glass, tile, stainless steel, plastic, or brass — this stuff'll get it looking spick and span in no time!
16. An over-the-drain hair stopper if standing in a puddle of dirty shower water because your drain is clogged sounds like the opposite of a positive shower experience.
17. Or a drain clog remover if your hair/drain situation is already past the prevention stage, but hasn't quite yet reached what those in the industry refer to as a PLUMBING EMERGENCY. This declogger makes it super easy to clear your drain in mere seconds! No plumbing skills required whatsoever.
18. An easy-to-use jewelry-cleaning pen that'll make your jewels sparkle and shine like the day they were born.
19. An OXO Good Grips deep-cleaning brush set featuring a large brush (great for stove tops, grout, and more) *and* a small brush (ideal for fixtures and other tight, tough-to-reach spaces). Both are made with durable nylon bristles that are tough on grime, plus the handle is fitted with grips that are nonslip — even when wet— making them a breeze to use! Cleaning up the kitchen just got a whole lot easier :)
Promising review: "Get one set for the kitchen and one set for everything else to prevent cross-contamination. These brushes are a heavy-duty nylon bristle that outsmarts a cheap toothbrush for cleaning. The smaller one has a triangular head so it gets in between computer keyboard keys like a charm. And the bigger one is the perfect size for cleaning the window tracks when you open a window. The rubber spatula on the end of the smaller one in the set is great for digging gunk out of plastic that you don't want to scratch, like the drip tray in your refrigerator door. As a professional house cleaner of 25 years — these brushes are a MUST for every job." —Angela Brown
Get it from Amazon for $7.99 (available in two colors).
20. A bottle of hard water booster powder you can simply add into your dishwasher if you tend to end up with spots, residue, and hard water film all over your dishes, cups, and silverware even *after* they've been through a cycle.
21. A Scrubbing Bubbles toilet cleaning stamp — it'll hang out on the inside of your bowl and give it a lil' clean with every flush...so you don't have to get in there and do the cleaning yourself! Simply stamp it on, and it'll ward off gross toilet rings and keep your throne smelling nice and fresh for up to 12 days before you have to add another one. Problem solved!
22. A pack of all-natural bottle-cleaning tablets to get rid of those stains, smells, and tastes making you wonder if it's time for a new thermos. *SPOILER ALERT* It's probably not! But it is time for these tablets to get in there and do the hard cleaning for you — no scrubbing or extra effort required on your part!
23. A double-sided hairbrush-cleaning brush because your head's not the only thing that needs excess hair, dust, and buildup brushed out! This easy-to-use tool has strong bristles that'll get your favorite hairbrush looking like it's never been used before. And once you see how dirty it was, you'll be glad you cleaned it before putting it *anywhere* near your head.
24. A pumice cleaning stone to make removing stubborn toilet stains — no one's favorite job to begin with — a heck of a lot faster and easier so you can spend as little time face-to-face with your throne as humanly possible. It also works great on tub, sinks, tile, and other porcelain and ceramic surfaces that are no fun to clean without this helpful tool.
25. A bottle of Goo Gone adhesive remover so you can stop picking at tape, stickers, and all kinds of other *sticky things* that never come off cleanly, no matter how hard you try. Fortunately, this stuff'll make all manner of grime shudder with fear once it realizes its days are numbered.
26. A color-changing Kaboom bathroom cleaner that'll do most of the hard work for you while taking the guesswork out of cleaning your bathroom. When you spray it on, it'll retain its blue color while it fights through soap scum, hard water, calcium, and lime stains. Then it'll turn white when the area is clean and it's ready for you to simply wipe it away!
27. A toilet wand with a disposable head (and six refills) preloaded with Clorox so cleaning your throne is a breeze. Just swish, swirl, and scrub as needed with the hexigon-shaped sponge head designed to hit those tough-to-reach places, then pop it off and toss it when you're done! Your toilet will be sparkling and smelling fresh in record time.
28. A natural glass cleaner that uses vinegar, essential oils, and alcohol to help cut grease and leave your bathroom mirror streak-free. Just spray and wipe — and your work here is done!
29. An oil stain remover here to help if you're panicking about getting tough oil marks out of the stone surfaces in your apartment before your landlord sees. This makes it super easy – just stir up the paste, apply to the offending stain, and let sit and dry for about 72 hours. It'll dry into a powder, which you can simply wipe away to reveal your *like-new* countertop!
30. A pack of individual pet hair removal sheets reviewers say work better than lint rollers — especially when it comes to reaching tough crevices, since these super sticky sheets can mold to any shape and grab onto every single strand of hair in *and* out of sight. Plus, each sheet can be used multiple times *without* ripping or sticking to itself. Pet hair, begone!
31. A suede brush cleaner that'll fight water stains all on its own so you can breathe a sigh of relief after getting stuck in the rain wearing your favorite shoes.
32. A roll of *super* absorbent and eco-friendly bamboo paper towels to banish recurring paper towel costs from your budget... while also cleaning up messes way faster than when you were using the disposable stuff. Plus, they're incredibly strong, and you can just pop 'em in the washing machine when they need a cleaning!
33. A red wine stain remover for those moments when putting your glass in a precarious position turns out to be a ~pour~ decision — especially when expensive furniture is involved.
34. A bathroom cleaner that manages to be tough on messes without a bunch of harsh chemicals, so you can easily cut through the grime without wondering what mystery toxins are spreading throughout your home.
35. An Angry Mama microwave cleaner to loosen up all of those splatters that have been there for way too long so you can just wipe them right off with a paper towel. Easy peasy!
Just add water and vinegar, and place this gadget in the microwave for five to eight minutes on high heat. Afterward, wipe off with sponge, rag, or napkin, and all the grime will come right off!
Promising review: "I'm embarrassed to say I hadn't cleaned my microwave in about six months. It's an awful task. I ran Angry Mama one time, wiped down easily, then ran it one more time to get it detailed really clean. Highly recommend using it more often than once every six months for a super-fast, super-clean microwave!" —Kelsey
Get it from Amazon for $7.33 (available in four colors).