1. A set of fine tip pens in 18 gorgeous colors to make you actually look forward to taking notes now that school is back in session. Plus, they make doodling way more fun while your least favorite professor goes on and on about something you can just *telI* isn't gonna show up on the test.
Promising review: "These are my favorite pens! I used to be a huge fan of flair pens, but these are exceptionally better. The colors are vibrant and they write very smooth. I’ve been using them daily for almost a year and haven’t noticed any of the colors running low on ink yet. They also don’t bleed through the paper, which is a huge plus!" —Katie @TeachRunCreate
Get them from Amazon for $8.99.
Don't forget to check the coupon box and score 20% off!
2. A Goody Hair Spin Pin capable of doing the work of 20 bobby pins for an impressive and easy-to-achieve all-day hold!
Simply gather your hair into a ponytail, twist your hair into a tight bun and tuck in the ends, then spin one pin from the top and the other from the base.
Promising review: "I have always just worn my hair in a bun and stuck the ends into itself. This is such a clever idea to secure your hair. I was skeptical at first because I was worried the material would be flimsy and easily bend and scratch my scalp. I was pleasantly surprised and delighted that not only are they a nice thick metal material, they don't bend, and the ends indeed have little 'balls' so it doesn't scratch your scalp as you spin/turn them and secure into your bun. They are lightweight so having them in your bun doesn't weight it down and cause you headaches." —FWH HulaGirl
Get a set of three from Amazon for $6.89+ (available in two styles).
3. A buildable Glimmer Glow Stick lipstick — this stuff goes on clear, but then reacts to your personal pH level to become a natural sheer pink color unique to you!
Check out a TikTok of the Glimmer Glow lipstick in action.
Promising review: "The reviews were all good so, what the heck, I wanted to try it. I'm shocked by how much I love it! My lips are always dry, and it is like putting on a thin light layer of Vaseline — but yet my lips turn pinkish! I can’t stop putting it on. It’s a natural-looking glow. It is clear, yet my lips get a pretty natural color. I want a bunch of these for my purses, office, car, etc. I’m definitely stocking up." —J. Boyer
Get it from Amazon for $3.99.
4. And a first-of-its-kind, plant-based Youthforia color-changing oil blush — it reacts to your skin’s natural pH to instantly give you the perfect shade of natural flush that complements your skin tone. You can use it on its own or on top of foundation for a little extra vibrancy. Science is cool!
Youthforia is an Asian woman-owned small business established in 2020 that specializes in environmentally friendly, cruelty-free makeup made with at least 90% renewable ingredients.
Fun fact: All of Youthforia's makeup is designed with ingredients that make it A-OK for your skin to sleep with it on!
Promising review: "I can go down the list of impulse buys I've made after seeing them on TikTok. Most of them fall way short of what I had hoped for or expected. Not this stuff. I'd give it 10 stars if I could. After turning 40, I've not been happy with my blush or tinted moisturizers. More often than not, they either pill or settle into my pores, etc.
I don't wear very much makeup, and I'm surely no makeup artist. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but to be honest, I'm not willing to put the time or effort into learning at this point in life. YOUTHFORIA to the rescue! This stuff is awesome. I can use it to create nothing more than a healthy glow, or can build it for more if I care to. It is undetectable once on the skin, and it lasts all day. It's all I was hoping for and so much more. I highly recommend it." —Kate F.
Get it from Amazon for $36.
5. A dimmable sad duck nightlight that'll have you saying "SAAAAAME" at the end of long workdays. You'll love having someone cute to comisserate with, and the yellowish glow will help brighten your evenings now that the days are tragically getting shorter.
Promising review: "I ordered this lamp because of its appearance. I didn't NEED a depressed duck lamp... but it has totally filled a void in my life I didn't know existed. Everyone who sees it pokes it. The lamp is actually very functional. It's got a really nice set of brightness options and the glow is yellowish, which is much nicer than white in a dim/dark room. One thing that isn't mentioned in the description is that its legs are utterly floppy. It's terrific." —Literated
Get it from Amazon for $15.99+ (available also as a cabbage, chick, dog, pear).
6. Or a plug-in color-shifting mushroom light if you could use more of a colorful ~fun-guy~ energy to brighten up your home this fall.
Promising review: "I LOVE this night-light. It's in my bathroom and is a lovely addition. It turns off the second the lights go on, which is nice that I don't have to worry about accidentally leaving it on. It's super cute, and the little itty-bitty lighting element does a good job lighting, just enough so I don't have to turn the main lights on in the middle of the night." —1Thand
Get it from Amazon for $5.97.
7. A copy of Burn After Writing, a guided journal that takes you on a journey of self-reflection. It uses prompts, questions, and thought experiments to help you learn new things about yourself and let other things go. If you wanna spend less time scrolling and more time self-reflecting this fall — this book is a great place to start!
Promising review: "I first saw this book on TikTok and decided to look more into it. I purchased four total, because I know some people holding onto things that are difficult to let go of. It’s a great way to look at things from a different perspective and truly hold yourself accountable to different things in your life. I love what it stands for, and I look forward to when I burn mine after I’m done. Self love, self care, and meditation for a better state of mind tomorrow is always the goal. I definitely recommend it to those susceptible to change and the willingness to try things differently. You’re so much more than what’s been done to you, and someone’s inability to see your worth does not decrease your value. Choose you for a change." —Brent Helm
Get it from Amazon for $7.32.
8. A skull-shaped ice mold because the best way to get over the heartache of summer ending is to get excited as heck about Halloween! And if you ask me, it's never too soon to start busting out the spooky cocktails.
Pro-tip: these molds also work for making soaps, birthday candles, chocolate, and fondant, covering all your miscellaneous undead needs.
Promising review: "I got these to make ice cubes for a Halloween party. It's very easy to use and easy to clean. The cubes come out perfectly. I'm probably going to try to use it to make chocolate skulls next." —Amazon Customer
Get a two-pack from Amazon for $8.89.
9. Or a handmade soy wax candle shaped like a section of spine if your favorite part of Halloween is transforming your home into a borderline haunted house.
The Blackened Teeth is a South Wales, UK-based small business making skulls, candles, home goods, and more that are perfect for fans of anatomy or gothic vibes.
Promising review: "Absolutely stunning candle — I couldn’t believe how beautiful it was when I opened the box. Smells gorgeous too." —Rebecca B
Get it from The Blackened Teeth on Etsy for $15.65 (available in ivory, with a vanilla scent, or grey, with a bergamot and herb scent).
10. *AND* a set of skeleton car coasters to add a touch of ~spook~ to your car while keeping the cupholders nice and clean!
11. A breezy top with lacy sleeves and a loose fit that'll help you get excited about transitioning your summer wardrobe into fall! Plus, it comes in a variety of super cute colors, lots of which are perfect for adding an autumnal feel to your looks.
Promising review: "After seeing the reviews, I went ahead and bought the shirt, and I was super happy with the way it fit and how it looks. It is super comfy and dressy at the same time. I can wear it to the office or out with a pair of jeans. Love this top and will buy more colors." —heather kimbrough
Get it from Amazon for $29.99+ (available in men's sizes S–XXL and in 42 colors — not every color is available in every size).
12. And a pair of Steve Madden Chelsea boots for anyone who's looking for a dusty color to lighten up their fall 'fits.
Promising review: "These shoes are so comfy and versatile. You can wear them with jeans or a dress, and they’d be so cute with either. So happy I got them!!" —Natalie Watson
Get it from Amazon for $70.82+ (available in women's sizes 5.5–13 and in nine colors — not every color is available in every size).
13. A set of reactive glazed bowls because it's officially SOUP SEASON and the best way to celebrate is by getting yourself some aesthetically pleasing stoneware bowls to fill up with all the broth your heart could dream of.
Promising review: "These are our favorite go-to bowls. I bought two to try, and my daughter and I would race to use these first, so I bought one in the cream color to see which I liked best. Both colors are lovely. I will buy more to round out the set. High quality. Hasn’t chipped. Washes well in the dishwasher and can be microwaved. Great basic colors that go with other sets." —DearCara