1. A carpet deep-cleaning solution that'll do such an amazing job, you'll wonder if someone swapped in brand new carpets and forgot to tell you.
Promising review: "What an amazing product! I have tried EVERYTHING to get rid of the dirt, grime, and pet accidents, but this is the only thing I've had success with! The area near my bathroom vanity was DISGUSTING. It is a high-traffic area, as my husband and I use our his-and-hers sinks every day. Our puppy also likes that area as her 'accident' spot, even though we have puppy pads all over the house. The second photo is after just ONE pass using my Bissell carpet cleaner. I used 6 ounces of the Carpet Miracle, and filled the rest of the reservoir with piping-hot water. The red spot you see left is hair dye (oops). I am positive that it will come out with another pass or two. The fragrance is not strong or overpowering in my opinion. I also used this in my entryway, and it yielded incredible results there, too. I highly recommend this product, and will be ordering more soon!" —Melissa
Get it from Amazon for $19.97.
Psst — if you're looking for a decent, affordable vacuum you can use with this carpet cleaner, Hoover's PowerDash Pet is $96 on Amazon!
2. An OXO Good Grips deep-cleaning brush set featuring a large brush (great for stove tops, grout, and more) *and* a small brush (ideal for fixtures and other tight, tough-to-reach spaces). Both are made with durable nylon bristles that are tough on grime, plus the handle is fitted with grips that are nonslip — even when wet— making them a breeze to use! Cleaning up the kitchen just got a whole lot easier :)
Promising review: "Get one set for the kitchen and one set for everything else to prevent cross-contamination. These brushes are a heavy-duty nylon bristle that outsmarts a cheap toothbrush for cleaning. The smaller one has a triangular head so it gets in between computer keyboard keys like a charm. And the bigger one is the perfect size for cleaning the window tracks when you open a window. The rubber spatula on the end of the smaller one in the set is great for digging gunk out of plastic that you don't want to scratch, like the drip tray in your refrigerator door. As a professional house cleaner of 25 years — these brushes are a MUST for every job." —Angela Brown
Get it from Amazon for $7.95+ (available in two colors).
3. A granite and stone cleaner that'll make your countertops sparkle like they've never sparkled before. Plus, they also kill 99.9% of germs and bacteria that you definitely don't want hanging around where you prepare your food.
4. A bottle of Goo Gone foaming spray that'll make the baked-on grease in your oven shudder with fear once it realizes its days are numbered. If you have cookware, a stove top, or just, like...a kitchen, you'll probably want some of this stuff on hand.
5. A Cerama Bryte cooktop cleaning kit — it'll make it easy-peasy to remove the years' worth of crud stuck to your stove top that you've been staring at, hoping it'll magically disappear one day. Cue the grateful reviewers who thought they'd never be able to get their stove totally clean.
It comes with a bottle of cleaner, a scraper, and a cleaning pad.
Promising review: "Works amazing! I hadn't thoroughly scrubbed my glass cooktop in years, only wiped it down with random multicleaners that never seemed to do much. Then a friend recommended this product...AMAZING! The included scrubbers and scrapers really make the difference. As others have said, it will leave your cooktop shiny and new. Even marks that had been on there for years came almost completely off — 98% better. The key is to use very little product. Let it dry to a haze and wipe with a clean, dry cotton towel (just like waxing a car). If you aren't getting a mirrored finish, it's because you've used too much product and not enough elbow grease to polish it off." —B. Swartwood
Get it from Amazon for $10.29.
6. A pumice stone to make removing stubborn toilet stains — no one's favorite job to begin with — a heck of a lot faster and easier so you can spend as little time face-to-face with your throne as humanly possible. It also works great on tub, sinks, tile, and other porcelain and ceramic surfaces that are no fun to clean without this helpful tool.
Promising review: "I had stubborn stains on my toilet bowl that wouldn't come out with toilet bowl cleaner, the toilet bowl brush, bleach, or anything else I tried. The stains were stuck for months but the pumice was able to remove them instantly. The pumice did not scratch the bowl at all." —Margaret D.
Get it from Amazon for $8.99 (available in two quantities).
7. An electronics brush and rubber scraper designed to help you clean those nearly impossible-to-reach parts of your devices where dust and dirt just looooove to build up.
The brush part retracts into the body of the gadget when it's not in use to protect the bristles and prevent them from collecting any unwanted dirt or dust.
Promising review: "Well-designed and easy to use when it comes to removing dust/debris that gets caught on my phone. It's the only tool so far that can fit in the hard-to-reach areas between my screen protector and phone case. Very useful tool at a good price, too!" —Kristina
"My laptop hasn't been so clean since I bought it! Much better than compressed-air cleaning. Using the rubbery end, you can even clean off the finger-tracker; and using the little brush, you get out all those annoying little crumbs and pieces of stuff that both impede your keyboard performance and make it look dirty. I wish I would have taken before and after pictures — the difference is astonishing! I was skeptical, but this little tool is worth the price." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $7.99+ (available in two colors).
8. A fridge deodorizer that'll banish those off smells that continue to linger even after you've tried every home remedy in the book. It's effective for up to six months and reviewers say it'll help keep your produce fresh for longer, too!
Promising review: "This is an awesome product. Despite our refrigerator’s filter, the ice in the open bin in the freezer was developing odors. This is so much better than baking soda. I can’t believe the difference. The product itself doesn’t seem to have an odor; it just neutralizes the freezer smell so that there is no smell at all. We had even purchased a new ice bin thinking the old bin was the problem. I wish I had figured out this cheaper solution first. I hope it’s still available when it’s time to replace!" —Marell
Get it from Amazon for $10.95.
9. A plant-based stainless steel cleaner and polish that quickly dissolves fingerprints and smudges on kitchen appliances so keeping up with the carnage left behind by your little ones isn't such a chore.
It also comes with a microfiber cloth, so you can avoid using paper towels!
Promising review: "Just thought I would be doomed to a fingerprint-stained fridge for the rest of my small children's time at home. I have tried everything from sprays to special microfiber cloths, and there were always shadows of where the handprints and fingerprints had been. The very first time I used this, it cleaned off two years of three kids’ fingerprint smudges that I thought were permanent! It took a matter of seconds. Ah-mazing." —ZMomUtah
Get it from Amazon for $15.95.
10. Grandma's Secret — a powerful spot remover whose only secret is that it works just as well as, if not better than, the big-name brand stuff. Need to clean pen from a white leather couch? No problem! Got ink and makeup spills on your brand-new outfit? Taken care of! Oil and grease stains? Don't sweat it! Even blood is no match for this stuff.
It can remove oil, grease, ink, grass, and bloodstains for all my vampires out there. Psst, a few months ago I recommended this to a friend who fell in a puddle of motor oil on a sidewalk, then accidentally wiped it on her camel coat. It got the stains out!
Promising review: "I love this stuff! I stumbled upon it years ago at my local quilt shop of all places. It does exactly what it says it will do: It takes out any stain you throw at it. I was most impressed by how it takes out blood, I had an 'accident' in the middle of the night wearing light-pink PJs. I had just gotten the PJs from a friend for my birthday and was devastated at the thought of them being ruined. Before washing them (and risking the stain setting), I dabbed a few drops of the spot remover on the spot, scrubbed the stain with an old toothbrush, and left it sitting for about a half hour. I did that twice. To say it did a good job on the spot is an understatement; you couldn't even tell there was a spot to begin with! I call it the little magic in a bottle, it's a lifesaver! You must buy it, don't wait." —Stiixgirl
Get it from Amazon for $9.75.
11. A TruePet Shark vacuum that'll pull a bunch of pet hair from rugs and floors as well as hard-to-reach nooks and crannies — thanks to its powerful suction, helpful tools, and deep deep-cleaning abilities.
Promising review: "I own three short-hair dogs and a midlength-hair cat. I felt like I was being eaten by hair in my house. I wanted a vacuum that would get both carpet and hardwood floor with the furniture as well. This one does it all; the True Pet Shark is the best most versatile vacuum I have ever owned. The suction is amazing and even after shampooing my area rugs this vacuum still pulled hair out of the rugs. The clear dust catcher shows what you are getting up, and it is a bit gross to think of, but I clean it every time so I know what it is getting up. Amazing results, and I would highly recommend this vacuum to anyone. The attachments are easy to use and the pet attachment is amazing. It has its own beat bar and is motorized. So happy I ordered this vacuum. My husband is even shocked by the amount we are getting after cleaning and sweeping with other stuff. You will not be sorry you bought this vacuum if you have pets. The dust catcher is even easy to empty and there's no touching of dirt — it just falls out." —Athena
Get it from Amazon for $284.
12. A bottle of Goo Gone so you can stop picking at tape and stickers that never come off cleanly, no matter how hard you try. The struggle stops here! This stuff also works great on residue from toothpaste, shampoo, or any other sticky stuff that just won't budge.
Promising review: "I used this on my JBL LSR4236P Studio Monitors and it worked very well. For some reason JBL decided to put some kind of weird adhesive on the front of these monitors, which caught every piece of cat hair and dust that touched it over the years. Used this with some paper towels and a little elbow grease and the adhesive came off quickly. The picture I added: (left) After Goo Gone, (right) Before Goo Gone." —Andrew
Get it from Amazon for $7.39.
13. A hard-water remover to remove the cloudy film from your once-clear glass surfaces.
Promising review: "When we moved into our new place the shower doors looked like they had never been cleaned before. I tried at least 10 different products and methods to remove the hard-water spots but nothing even made a dent. Bio Clean, however, was like a magic eraser! I scrubbed each door for about 10 minutes and it was incredible! I’ve never written a cleaning product review before but this one is worth every penny." —Shane B
Get it from Amazon for $19.97.
14. A powerful rust-removing spray that dissolves rust on contact so you can simply wipe it clean *without* all that scrubbing you didn't feel like doing in the first place.
Promising review: "Seeing is believing. I posted before and after pictures of our bathtub. It was gross and orange rust stained. Not even Mr. Clean Magic Erasers touched the rust stains. But now it's shiny and looks brand new. I sprayed it on (yes, it's more of a liquid than a gel, but it still works). I came back an hour later and wiped it off. No elbow grease needed. Majority of the rust was gone; only thing left was soap scum and that easily wiped away. I'll be buying this stuff again!" —NMP
Get it from Amazon for $4.97.