36 Cleaning Products That Deserve An Award For Working So Well
Keeping your home spotless doesn't have to be a struggle — you just need the right tools by your side.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A carpet deep-cleaning solution that'll do such an amazing job, you'll wonder if someone swapped in brand new carpets and forgot to tell you.
Promising review: "What an amazing product! I have tried EVERYTHING to get rid of the dirt, grime, and pet accidents, but this is the only thing I've had success with! The area near my bathroom vanity was DISGUSTING. It is a high-traffic area, as my husband and I use our his-and-hers sinks every day. Our puppy also likes that area as her 'accident' spot, even though we have puppy pads all over the house. The second photo is after just ONE pass using my Bissell carpet cleaner. I used 6 ounces of the Carpet Miracle, and filled the rest of the reservoir with piping-hot water. The red spot you see left is hair dye (oops). I am positive that it will come out with another pass or two. The fragrance is not strong or overpowering in my opinion. I also used this in my entryway, and it yielded incredible results there, too. I highly recommend this product, and will be ordering more soon!" —Melissa
Get it from Amazon for $19.97.
2. An OXO Good Grips deep-cleaning brush set featuring a large brush (great for stove tops, grout, and more) *and* a small brush (ideal for fixtures and other tight, tough-to-reach spaces). Both are made with durable nylon bristles that are tough on grime, plus the handle is fitted with grips that are nonslip — even when wet— making them a breeze to use! Cleaning up the kitchen just got a whole lot easier :)
Promising review: "Get one set for the kitchen and one set for everything else to prevent cross-contamination. These brushes are a heavy-duty nylon bristle that outsmarts a cheap toothbrush for cleaning. The smaller one has a triangular head so it gets in between computer keyboard keys like a charm. And the bigger one is the perfect size for cleaning the window tracks when you open a window. The rubber spatula on the end of the smaller one in the set is great for digging gunk out of plastic that you don't want to scratch, like the drip tray in your refrigerator door. As a professional house cleaner of 25 years — these brushes are a MUST for every job." —Angela Brown
Get it from Amazon for $7.95+ (available in two colors).
3. A granite and stone cleaner that'll make your countertops sparkle like they've never sparkled before. Plus, they also kill 99.9% of germs and bacteria that you definitely don't want hanging around where you prepare your food.
4. A bottle of Goo Gone foaming spray that'll make the baked-on grease in your oven shudder with fear once it realizes its days are numbered. If you have cookware, a stove top, or just, like...a kitchen, you'll probably want some of this stuff on hand.
5. A Cerama Bryte cooktop cleaning kit — it'll make it easy-peasy to remove the years' worth of crud stuck to your stove top that you've been staring at, hoping it'll magically disappear one day. Cue the grateful reviewers who thought they'd never be able to get their stove totally clean.
It comes with a bottle of cleaner, a scraper, and a cleaning pad.
Promising review: "Works amazing! I hadn't thoroughly scrubbed my glass cooktop in years, only wiped it down with random multicleaners that never seemed to do much. Then a friend recommended this product...AMAZING! The included scrubbers and scrapers really make the difference. As others have said, it will leave your cooktop shiny and new. Even marks that had been on there for years came almost completely off — 98% better. The key is to use very little product. Let it dry to a haze and wipe with a clean, dry cotton towel (just like waxing a car). If you aren't getting a mirrored finish, it's because you've used too much product and not enough elbow grease to polish it off." —B. Swartwood
Get it from Amazon for $10.29.
6. A pumice stone to make removing stubborn toilet stains — no one's favorite job to begin with — a heck of a lot faster and easier so you can spend as little time face-to-face with your throne as humanly possible. It also works great on tub, sinks, tile, and other porcelain and ceramic surfaces that are no fun to clean without this helpful tool.
Promising review: "I had stubborn stains on my toilet bowl that wouldn't come out with toilet bowl cleaner, the toilet bowl brush, bleach, or anything else I tried. The stains were stuck for months but the pumice was able to remove them instantly. The pumice did not scratch the bowl at all." —Margaret D.
Get it from Amazon for $8.99 (available in two quantities).
7. An electronics brush and rubber scraper designed to help you clean those nearly impossible-to-reach parts of your devices where dust and dirt just looooove to build up.
The brush part retracts into the body of the gadget when it's not in use to protect the bristles and prevent them from collecting any unwanted dirt or dust.
Promising review: "Well-designed and easy to use when it comes to removing dust/debris that gets caught on my phone. It's the only tool so far that can fit in the hard-to-reach areas between my screen protector and phone case. Very useful tool at a good price, too!" —Kristina
"My laptop hasn't been so clean since I bought it! Much better than compressed-air cleaning. Using the rubbery end, you can even clean off the finger-tracker; and using the little brush, you get out all those annoying little crumbs and pieces of stuff that both impede your keyboard performance and make it look dirty. I wish I would have taken before and after pictures — the difference is astonishing! I was skeptical, but this little tool is worth the price." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $7.99+ (available in two colors).
8. A fridge deodorizer that'll banish those off smells that continue to linger even after you've tried every home remedy in the book. It's effective for up to six months and reviewers say it'll help keep your produce fresh for longer, too!
Promising review: "This is an awesome product. Despite our refrigerator’s filter, the ice in the open bin in the freezer was developing odors. This is so much better than baking soda. I can’t believe the difference. The product itself doesn’t seem to have an odor; it just neutralizes the freezer smell so that there is no smell at all. We had even purchased a new ice bin thinking the old bin was the problem. I wish I had figured out this cheaper solution first. I hope it’s still available when it’s time to replace!" —Marell
Get it from Amazon for $10.95.
9. A plant-based stainless steel cleaner and polish that quickly dissolves fingerprints and smudges on kitchen appliances so keeping up with the carnage left behind by your little ones isn't such a chore.
It also comes with a microfiber cloth, so you can avoid using paper towels!
Promising review: "Just thought I would be doomed to a fingerprint-stained fridge for the rest of my small children's time at home. I have tried everything from sprays to special microfiber cloths, and there were always shadows of where the handprints and fingerprints had been. The very first time I used this, it cleaned off two years of three kids’ fingerprint smudges that I thought were permanent! It took a matter of seconds. Ah-mazing." —ZMomUtah
Get it from Amazon for $15.95.
10. Grandma's Secret — a powerful spot remover whose only secret is that it works just as well as, if not better than, the big-name brand stuff. Need to clean pen from a white leather couch? No problem! Got ink and makeup spills on your brand-new outfit? Taken care of! Oil and grease stains? Don't sweat it! Even blood is no match for this stuff.
It can remove oil, grease, ink, grass, and bloodstains for all my vampires out there. Psst, a few months ago I recommended this to a friend who fell in a puddle of motor oil on a sidewalk, then accidentally wiped it on her camel coat. It got the stains out!
Promising review: "I love this stuff! I stumbled upon it years ago at my local quilt shop of all places. It does exactly what it says it will do: It takes out any stain you throw at it. I was most impressed by how it takes out blood, I had an 'accident' in the middle of the night wearing light-pink PJs. I had just gotten the PJs from a friend for my birthday and was devastated at the thought of them being ruined. Before washing them (and risking the stain setting), I dabbed a few drops of the spot remover on the spot, scrubbed the stain with an old toothbrush, and left it sitting for about a half hour. I did that twice. To say it did a good job on the spot is an understatement; you couldn't even tell there was a spot to begin with! I call it the little magic in a bottle, it's a lifesaver! You must buy it, don't wait." —Stiixgirl
Get it from Amazon for $9.75.
11. A TruePet Shark vacuum that'll pull a bunch of pet hair from rugs and floors as well as hard-to-reach nooks and crannies — thanks to its powerful suction, helpful tools, and deep deep-cleaning abilities.
Promising review: "I own three short-hair dogs and a midlength-hair cat. I felt like I was being eaten by hair in my house. I wanted a vacuum that would get both carpet and hardwood floor with the furniture as well. This one does it all; the True Pet Shark is the best most versatile vacuum I have ever owned. The suction is amazing and even after shampooing my area rugs this vacuum still pulled hair out of the rugs. The clear dust catcher shows what you are getting up, and it is a bit gross to think of, but I clean it every time so I know what it is getting up. Amazing results, and I would highly recommend this vacuum to anyone. The attachments are easy to use and the pet attachment is amazing. It has its own beat bar and is motorized. So happy I ordered this vacuum. My husband is even shocked by the amount we are getting after cleaning and sweeping with other stuff. You will not be sorry you bought this vacuum if you have pets. The dust catcher is even easy to empty and there's no touching of dirt — it just falls out." —Athena
Get it from Amazon for $284.
12. A bottle of Goo Gone so you can stop picking at tape and stickers that never come off cleanly, no matter how hard you try. The struggle stops here! This stuff also works great on residue from toothpaste, shampoo, or any other sticky stuff that just won't budge.
Promising review: "I used this on my JBL LSR4236P Studio Monitors and it worked very well. For some reason JBL decided to put some kind of weird adhesive on the front of these monitors, which caught every piece of cat hair and dust that touched it over the years. Used this with some paper towels and a little elbow grease and the adhesive came off quickly. The picture I added: (left) After Goo Gone, (right) Before Goo Gone." —Andrew
Get it from Amazon for $7.39.
13. A hard-water remover to remove the cloudy film from your once-clear glass surfaces.
Promising review: "When we moved into our new place the shower doors looked like they had never been cleaned before. I tried at least 10 different products and methods to remove the hard-water spots but nothing even made a dent. Bio Clean, however, was like a magic eraser! I scrubbed each door for about 10 minutes and it was incredible! I’ve never written a cleaning product review before but this one is worth every penny." —Shane B
Get it from Amazon for $19.97.
14. A powerful rust-removing spray that dissolves rust on contact so you can simply wipe it clean *without* all that scrubbing you didn't feel like doing in the first place.
Promising review: "Seeing is believing. I posted before and after pictures of our bathtub. It was gross and orange rust stained. Not even Mr. Clean Magic Erasers touched the rust stains. But now it's shiny and looks brand new. I sprayed it on (yes, it's more of a liquid than a gel, but it still works). I came back an hour later and wiped it off. No elbow grease needed. Majority of the rust was gone; only thing left was soap scum and that easily wiped away. I'll be buying this stuff again!" —NMP
Get it from Amazon for $4.97.
15. An easy-to-use jewelry-cleaning pen that'll make your jewels sparkle and shine like the day they were born.
Promising review: "If I could give this 10 stars I would! I'm a fanatic when it comes to keeping my jewelry clean, especially my wedding set. I tried this product on my diamonds, Swarovski crystals, and Brighton jewelry, and the results are nothing less than amazing! This restored one of my Swarovski rings that I had not worn in years due to the cloudy color to a sparkling brilliance just like the first day I bought it! I cannot recommend this product enough! I just ordered additional wands so I don't run out! Home run, Amazon!" —Kristina B.
Get it from Amazon for $6.61.
Check out one BuzzFeeder's full review to learn more about why we love it.
16. A power scrubber — it scrubs 60 times per second, which is *two times faster* than manual scrubbing. Your arm will thank you for giving it the easy job of guiding this tool while it quickly degunks areas you thought would never get clean.
BuzzFeed editor Natalie Brown has this and loves it! She said:
"I'm obsessed! This thing works small miracles: I cleaned about half of my bathroom's grout to its original sparkling-clean cream color in 40 minutes, and it took honestly no effort at all. And — as if easy, sparkling grout wasn't enough! — it busted through some serious soap scum buildup in my bathtub (thanks, fancy soap and slow-draining tub) in less than a minute. Honestly, when I first tried the scrubber out, I didn't see too many uses for it other than for grout. But after owning it for a while, I've realized that while I don't need it every single week, it's priceless for the occasions I encounter tough gunk that I'd otherwise only conquer with excessive patience and elbow grease."
Get it from Amazon for $17.99.
Read one BuzzFeeder's full review of the Rubbermaid Reveal Power Scrubber.
17. A pet urine stain–removing spray perfect for pet owners who are desperate to remove spots and smells both old and new.
Promising review: "I don’t know how I ever survived without this. There’s tons of 'pet stain/odor remover' products out there, but this by far is the absolute best. I cringed paying the $20 for it when others are between $5–$10, but I have NO ISSUES paying now. I foster dogs, some puppies, some older, some not housebroken, and every room in my house is carpeted except the kitchen, which means I have lots of accidents. I spray enough to saturate if it’s a lot of urine, let it soak for 10 minutes, then wipe it up with a hand towel. Then I put a larger towel on top of it if it’s in a high-traffic area until it’s completely dry. It’s taken out every stain and, more importantly, the odor is gone! I will never stop buying this product. I recommend it to everyone who has dogs!" —Shelley
Get it from Amazon for $19.94.
18. Some hydrogen peroxide–infused toilet bombs that'll fizz around to freshen and clean your bowl so you can enjoy a spotless throne. When used regularly, they'll even eliminate the need to get in there with a pumice stone!
All you have to do? Drop one in the bowl, swish once or twice, let it fizz for about five minutes, then scrub for a minute or so with a toilet brush. Juniperseed Mercantile is a Littleton, Colorado–based small business with a passion for great skincare, simple living, and the Earth.
Promising review: "This is my second purchase of these so you can tell I totally love them. They work great and I just store them in a jar on the back of the toilet. Definitely can't say I’ve ever stored any other toilet cleaner out in the open." —Laura Wick
19. A mold- and mildew-removal gel to banish those gross things we'd rather not think about. Just apply the gel, let it sit for six hours, and simply wipe away!
Promising review: "Wow! After YEARS of elbow grease and zero results, I tried this stuff before giving up and stripping the old caulking from the top of my shower. I’m so glad that I did, too! I mean, look at these results! Granted, it was on for about eight hours instead of six because I forgot about it, but the black mold/mildew just rinsed away — no scrubbing at all! STOKED! Super easy to use, too!" —Nice marmot!
Get it from Amazon for $12.99.
20. A set of heavy-duty wipes — they go above and beyond to remove intense stains from grease, tar, ink, paint, permanent marker, wax, scuffs, lipstick, nail polish, food and drinks, pets, and more. Plus, the aloe vera in them makes them gentle on your hands despite being super tough on messes.
These work on almost any surface: leather, fabric, furniture, hardwood, pans, metal, WHEREVER.
Promising review: "This stuff really is magical! When we moved into our house, the previous owners did a horrible job of cleaning the stainless-steel appliances. There were permanent run marks going down the front that I could not remove...and I tried EVERYTHING. I should note that I’m not actually positive that these appliances are true stainless steel or just manufactured to look like that. I wanted to cry tears of joy after wiping down the dishwasher because I had been looking at those awful run marks for three years and they were finally gone! The whole tub is worth it for that appliance alone. As of now, I’ve only used it in the kitchen, but I plan on using it the next time I clean out my car, too. If it looks half as good as I think it will, I’ll be a customer for life!" —MayBae
Get a pack of 90 from Amazon for $11.60+ (available in eight styles).
21. A bottle of multi-surface spray you can spray on almost *anything* and easily wipe it clean. Plus, it comes in a variety of truly amazing-smelling scents that make it basically double as an obsession-worthy air freshener.
SiVi Tidy Co. is a Black-owned, Florida-based vegan small business. A percent of every purchase goes to charity!
Promising review: "I don't like to clean, but when I do I grab this. You can literally clean everything with it...windows, stoves, walls, railings, literally everything. It's like an air freshener and cleaner in one because it leaves your place smelling amazing! I've bought this three times so far. I typically get the larger size because it lasts longer than the little one.” —Lily Ashton
Get it from SiVi Tidy Co. for $5+ (available in three sizes and six scents; refills and nonscented also available; Shop Pay, Google Pay, and PayPal available).
22. A jar of the Pink Stuff paste, which has reached cult-favorite status for being great at removing stains, rust, discoloration, and other stubborn marks from metal, ceramic tiles, saucepans, barbecues, and much more without leaving behind any scratches!
Promising review: "Say what?! It works??! YOU GUYS!!! My daughter decided the world is her canvas. Her medium: crayons. Almost every door and wall in my rented home is covered. I've tried everything, and my arms are super buff from scrubbing, all for nothing. I saw the Pink Stuff on a Pinterest post and thought I would check it out here on Amazon. I thought, 'well, it looks like it'll work, and if not, it's not expensive and it can't damage my walls anymore than they already are.' I am NOT disappointed! I used a damp microfiber cloth, scooped it up, and wiped it on the walls. I kid you not when I say it just wiped off!! My husband's mouth fell open and I happily did my entire hall 🤣. Seriously, get it." —Sarah B.
Get it from Amazon for $8.45.
23. Some Wet & Forget shower cleaner that'll make it easy to keep your tub and shower nice and shiny. All you have to do is spray, and it'll clean and prevent scummy buildup all on its own. No scrubbing or wiping required — hooray!
Promising review: "Does a FANTASTIC job if used regularly. I love this product. I hate cleaning tubs. This product has made our tubs look new. I don't use it every shower...maybe every third. Just spray down everything after the shower and forget about it. You DO need to rinse the tub before the next shower due to product making it slick. The fumes of other cleaners always messed with my asthma. I have noticed that for some reason with this one, I sneeze twice, because I have to spray shower doors while I'm still in the shower...but it never affects my lungs. I would recommend this to EVERYONE!" —Angela GIllaird
Get enough to last 12 weeks from Amazon for $17.13.
24. A Dyson Micro 1.5kg vacuum perfect for anyone living in a tiny apartment. The small, lightweight roller-cleaner head is super easy to maneuver around tight spaces, but don't let the size fool you — this thing's suction is so powerful, you can feel it. And the results don't disappoint!
25. A powerful all-purpose cleaner concentrate so you can clean your entire home without having to grab a different bottle for every task. This stuff can be used to clean floors, clothes, cars, tubs, sinks, and much much more!
Good Vibes All Purpose Cleaner is a Black woman–owned small business founded by Ymani Efunyale. After her own son suffered an asthma attack after accidentally ingesting a so-called "natural cleaner," Ymani went to work creating her own highly effective, eco-friendly cleaners, which has grown into the business she has today.
Promising review: "Don’t be fooled by the beautiful, gentle scent; this cleanser is tough on grease without being harmful to the environment. I really didn’t expect such cleaning power because it smelled so good!!!" —Victoria Pantalone
Get it from Good Vibes All Purpose Cleaner for $10+ (available in two sizes; Shop Pay, Google Pay, and PayPal available).
26. A garbage disposal cleaner that'll bubble and fizz through the odor-causing grime all on its own while you just stand back and wish you'd bought it sooner.
Here's all you have to you do: Run some hot water, pop one of the packets in your disposal, let it foam, then wait for the foam to fully disappear. Garbage disposal = clean and odor-free.
Promising review: "Works like a charm! These are pretty cool! I was a little skeptical but I followed the easy-to-use directions and it worked just like the product said it would. Foamed up and cleaned the drain!! Smell removed!!" —Jennifer K
Get two packs of four from Amazon for $9.99.
27. A bottle of carpet and upholstery cleaner with a fabric-safe brush attached to it so you can easily lift stains and neutralize odors that have been lingering in your carpets and furniture.
Promising review: "I LOVE this Woolite carpet stain remover with its rubbing brush. We stayed for some weeks at dear friend’s home while we were waiting to move and they were out of town. Their cat had done some nasty things in their rooms. We thought we’d show some of our appreciation by cleaning some of these spots off their light-gray carpeting. IT WORKED! THEY NOTICED! THEY LOVED IT! I don’t know about the cat. So we bought this house with white carpets. Who puts in white carpets?? Anyways, we have white carpets. So I bought these Woolite cans and know they will be used and will do a great job." —Sany123
Get it from Amazon for $14.99.
28. A pack of all-natural bottle-cleaning tablets to get rid of those stains, smells, and tastes making you wonder if it's time for a new thermos. *SPOILER ALERT*, it's probably not! But it is time for these tablets to get in there and do the hard cleaning for you — no scrubbing or extra effort required on your part!
These are biodegradable and odor-free.
Promising review: "I seriously can't believe how well these little tablets work. I had the most disgusting Hydro Flask coffee mug — I tried everything. A bottle brush, different kinds of soap, vinegar, EVERYTHING, and there was still a seemingly impenetrable layer of black sludge inside. I let a tablet sit in each of my mugs for an hour or two, and the black sludge rinsed out COMPLETELY, without even scrubbing. They look brand new. What a magical product. No weird smell or taste afterward, either. I liked it so much I used it on another Hydro Flask I use primarily to hold my Bloody Mary mix in the fridge. I couldn't put anything else in it because it would always taste like spicy tomato juice. Bottle Bright to the rescue! No residual smell or taste anymore. AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING." —Amazon Customer
Get a 12-pack from Amazon for $8.
29. A red winestain-removing spray for those moments when putting your glass in a precarious position turns out to be a ~pour~ decision.
Promising review: "This product blew my mind. We had tried everything to get rid of this winestain including white wine and pouring salt all over it. After spraying it with Wine Away, it completely disappeared in less than five seconds — and it smells like oranges! It also worked when I spilled coffee on the carpet a few days later." —Mattan Griffel
Get it from Amazon for $9.90.
30. A Magic Eraser – it works...like magic! Just add water, and you'll be amazed at how the dirt and filth just wipes right off. Use it on surfaces, walls, bathtubs, oven doors, light switches — you name it!
This is the most durable Magic Eraser with 3X the power of bleach.
Promising review: "The tubs are plastic/fiberglass. My daughter played with some toy that marked the tub — a lot of BLACK, DEEP marks! It looked awful. I tried to scrub it with soap, bleach, alcohol, rags/towels, Ajax, and nothing worked... Used these and the marks were gone in seconds." —Michael D
Get a box of eight from Amazon for $11.99.
31. An "Angry Mama" microwave cleaner that'll loosen those splatters and stains so all you have to do is wipe 'em clean and go on with your day.
Just add water and vinegar and place this gadget in the microwave for five to eight minutes on high heat. Afterward, wipe with a sponge, rag, or napkin, and all the grime will come right off!
Promising review: "I'm embarrassed to say I hadn't cleaned my microwave in about six months. It's an awful task. I ran Angry Mama one time, wiped down easily, then ran it one more time to get it detailed and really clean. Highly recommend using it more often than once every six months for a super-fast, super-clean microwave!" —Kelsey
Get it from Amazon for $8.99+ (available in four colors).