41 Things That Will Help You Complete Those Tasks You Keep Avoiding
Let's get motivated together.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A dishwashing spray that'll make it easier to clean those gunk-covered dishes that have been chilling in the sink for a few days too many.
3. A sloth daily planner and note pad that'll help you stay on task, but won't judge you for moving a lil' slowly.
4. A laundry sorter cart to make sorting clothes much easier so you can stop pretending today isn't laundry day.
5. A universal dust cleaning gel so you can stop struggling to reach those nooks and crannies in your keyboard, car vents, printer, and other appliances. Plus, it's weirdly fun to use, has a pleasant lemony smell, and is nonstick so you won't have any gooey residue left behind!
6. A spinning makeup brush cleaner that'll do most of the work for you — and faster! It swirls your brushes in soapy water until leftover makeup, dead skin cells, dirt, and debris are gone, and then spins the brush until it's dry.
7. A nonstick, food-safe baking mat so you can make cookies whenever you want without having to decide if it's worth needing to scrape a baking plan clean after. Nothing talks me out of cooking and baking like anticipating a cleanup, but these make it so much easier!
8. A pack of dishwasher-cleaning tablets to get your machine working properly again. If you dread unloading the dishwasher and having to rewash still-grimey cups and bowls, simply running these tablets through a cycle might be just what you need!
9. And a charming Golden Girls clean/dirty dishwasher magnet so you don't have to get up close and personal with your roommate's coffee mug to figure out if the dishwasher has been run yet or not.
10. Some washing machine cleaning tablets you just have to run through a cycle to clean your machine and keep your clothes smelling fresher when they come out of the wash.
12. A pair of noise-cancelling wireless headphones if you're having trouble being productive while your roommates are growing louder by the minute in the next room.
13. An Atlas Coffee Club subscription so you're always fully stocked with delicious fuel to get you through your to-do list.
14. Some all-natural bottle cleaning tablets to get your smelly, coffee-stained thermos back in the game without any scrubbing required from you!
15. A FURemover squeegee broom so you can stop struggling to keep up with your pet's shedding. This thing is like a magnet for hair and will make it way easier to effectively clean up after your animal friend.
16. And a pet hair remover designed to easily pull *a lot* more pet fur off your carpets, couches, and car seats than you even thought was there in the first place.
17. Some exercise cards so you can stop skipping workouts because you don't know where to start. These'll help guide you through a routine so you can feel more confident about your process and motivated to get started!
18. A Cerama Bryte cooktop cleaning kit that'll make it easy peasy to remove the years worth of crud stuck to your stove top that you've been staring at, hoping it'll magically disappear one day.
20. A tough, extendable snow brush with a squeegee and ice scraper in case the only thing standing in between you and the grocery store is the mountain of ice covering your car.
21. Or a windshield cover if the idea of scraping ice off your windshield is what's keeping you from running those errands.
22. A meal planning and grocery list pad to make grocery shopping and deciding what to eat every night less of a hassle.
23. An amazing drill brush kit that'll make your surfaces look brand-new — without any of the scrubbing I know you're trying to avoid. Just attach the brush head to your drill, turn it on, and watch all of that grime disappear with ease.
24. Some Wet & Forget shower cleaner you just have to spray to clean and prevent scummy buildup. No scrubbing or wiping required — hooray!
25. A pumice stone toilet bowl cleaner that makes it easier to remove those gross stains, so you can stop making eye contact with them every time you're in the bathroom and thinking "I will get to that...someday."
26. A beard trimming catcher so you can stop avoiding shaving, because — let's be real — what you're really avoiding is spending more time than it even took you to shave cleaning up all of those tiny hairs that get EVERYWHERE.
27. A robot vacuum that'll actually do an efficient job so you can stop finding excuses when it's your turn to be on vacuum duty.
28. A splurge-worthy robot lawn mower if yard work is your arch nemesis. It's totally customizable so you can set a schedule and tell it where to go and where not to go. It handles obstacles and narrow pathways with ease, detects rain to avoid cutting wet grass, and even knows to return to its charger when it's finished like a good little robot.
29. An automatic litter box that does the dirty work for you, and is designed to sift out clumps so that your cat won't leave a fun trail of litter all over your house for you to clean up later.
30. A fun daily planner specifically designed to help increase productivity and time management by prompting you to set monthly, weekly, and daily goals. Seeing how seemingly mundane tasks fit into your overall plan can be super helpful and motivating, especially if most of your procrastination stems from feeling overwhelmed, scattered, discouraged, and distracted.
31. Some stickers to remind you when it's time to change the bedding if you tend to procrastinate until you simply cannot sleep another night in your crumb-filled sheets .
32. A grout paint pen that works like a regular marker so that even the least handy person can easily cover up the years of dirt and grime keeping your bathroom from ever looking truly clean.
33. A pair of blue-light-blocking glasses said to help you avoid headaches and eye fatigue from staring at a computer screen all day. Maybe now your eyes won't be too exhausted by the time you're done with work to accomplish those personal tasks that are all — of course — online.
34. A Chrome extension called StayFocusd that restricts the amount of time you can stay on time-sucking sites like YouTube. That way, a quick scroll doesn't turn into a multi-hour Reddit hole researching unsolved mysteries from the 1980s when you should really be working on that assignment that's due...today.
35. A rapid egg cooker so you can stop waiting to eat breakfast until you are fully hangry, all because you don't feel like cooking. This impressive device can make hard boiled, soft boiled, poached, and scrambled eggs in just minutes so you don't have to!
36. A speedy oven cleaner designed to blast through baked-on crud, so all you have to do is simply wipe it clean.
37. A folding board that makes folding easy and dare I say...fun? Maybe now your fresh, clean laundry won't languish in a pile until everything is too wrinkled to wear anyway.
38. A conveniently-sized handheld knife sharpener so you can stop struggling to get your dull blades to be the faithful collaborators they once were.
39. A fast-acting carpet spot-removing spray to remove those stains you hoped would just go away on their own (even though you secretly knew they wouldn't).
40. A garbage disposal cleaner that'll banish the foul odor coming from your sink so you don't have to get up close and personal with last week's rotting veggies.
41. An "Angry Mama" microwave cleaner to loosen those splatters and stains so all you have to do is wipe them clean.
42. And finally, a mouse pad so you don't conveniently forget what's on your to-do list for today. It'll also help you prioritize your tasks so you can spend less time wondering what you should be doing, and more time just doing!
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.