1. It features an inter-racial lesbian couple!
2. Probably the most diverse and multicultural family based show on television.
3. Have you seen how adorable Lena and Stef looks?
4. It presents family troubles and goings on that all families go through, e.g.. Parental embarrassment and sibling rivalry.
5. It shows that the idea of a family is not based on biology, but love
6. I mean look at this couple!
7. It teaches that children should not be afraid to make mistakes, and that mistakes doesn’t stop your family from loving you.
8. It breaks down the ‘lesbian’ stereotype by presenting two female feminine women in a loving relationship.
9. It shows the struggles, troubles and doubts that motherhood contains.
10. It evenly focuses on both problems of the child and the parent.
11. It teaches that love conquers all, and that no matter what sexual preference you have, a family is family and love is love.
12. And would you look at this adorable couple!
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!