2. 1. He co-founded disco’s greatest band.
Chic rescued Disco in the late ’70s. With an infectious sound led by Rodgers’ James Brown-esque rhythms on guitar, Bernard Edwards’ indelible bass lines, Tony Thompson’s drumming skills , and singers Alfa Anderson & Lucy Martin’s soulful vocals, Rodgers & Chic are an unstoppable musical force whose timeless anthems can still be heard on dance-floors to this day.
3. 2. Chic’s best-selling single, “Le Freak,” is also the highest selling single in the history of Atlantic Records.
5. 3. He was a producer, writer, and guitarist on David Bowie’s best-selling 1983 album, Let’s Dance.
8. 4. He produced, wrote, and played guitar for Diana Ross’ best-selling album, Diana.
11. 6. He worked on Madonna’s second album, Like A Virgin, which helped cement his reputation as one of the greatest producers of the ’80s.
We’re up all night…
to get funky!
22. A big THANK YOU to the hippest man on the planet!
Never stop the funk!
- Donald Trump promised insurance for everyone this weekend, but Senate Republicans say they assume he misspoke.
- Blue Lies Matter: Video finally proved that police officers lie — and why they get away with it.
- Obama shortened Chelsea Manning's 35-year sentence for leaking documents to WikiLeaks. She'll be freed in May.
- A Toronto man is on a mission to bathe at a different stranger's house every day this month. And so far, so good🛀