Zucchini "Hash Browns"
Here's a video showing you how to make them:
2 zucchini squash
Salt, to taste
½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
⅓ cup chives
1 teaspoon dried oregano
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C.
2. Using a box grater, grate the zucchini on the coarse side.
3. Transfer the grated zucchini to a large bowl and sprinkle with salt. Mix the zucchini and set aside for 20 minutes while the salt draws moisture from the zucchini.
4. Transfer the zucchini to a large kitchen towel and strain the excess liquid into a bowl.
5. Place the zucchini back to the large bowl and toss in the chives, parmesan, oregano, garlic powder, black pepper, and egg, and mix until well combined.
6. Portion the zucchini mixture into 6 even hash brown patties on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
7. Bake for 35 minutes, until golden brown.
8. Cool the hash browns for 10-15 minutes to set.
9. Serve with desired dipping sauce.