Maple Baked Hasselback Apples
Here's a video showing you how:
1 large apple
1 tablespoon maple syrup
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C.
2. Peel the apple and cut in half. Using a melon baller, carve out the core of the apple halves.
3. Using a sharp knife, make vertical incisions into the apple, about a quarter of an inch apart, without cutting all the way through the apple halves. (You can use a set of chopsticks as safety bumpers to make sure that your knife can’t cut all the way through).
4. In a small bowl, mix together the maple syrup, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Use a pastry brush to coat the apple halves with the maple spice mixture.
5. Bake for 30 minutes until the apples are tender and lightly browned.
6. Top each apple half with a small scoop of frozen yogurt and a sprinkle of chopped almonds and serve.