1. Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
2. Here’s a video showing you how to make it:
⅓ cup honey
¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon ginger, minced
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
½ teaspoon black pepper
4 large chicken breasts, skin on, cut in half
2 cups baby carrots
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
2 cups broccoli florets
Salt, to taste
1. In a medium bowl, mix together the soy sauce, honey, garlic, ginger, red pepper, and black pepper.
2. Place the chicken breasts directly on the bottom of the slow cooker, sprinkle with a bit of salt, and pour on the honey sauce.
3. Cook the chicken for 1½ hours on high.
4. Toss in the carrots, broccoli, and bell peppers. Using tongs, mix the chicken and veggies around the slow cooker so that everything is mixed and coated with the honey sauce.
5. Cook on high for and 1½ hours.
6. Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and place, skin-side up, on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
7. Broil for 2-3 minutes, until the skin is golden and crispy.
8. Serve on plates with the veggies, chicken, and a spoonful of the leftover honey sauce.
- It's inauguration day: Donald Trump will be sworn in as the 45th president of the United States around 12pm ET 🇺🇸
- One of the nation's top legal groups is seeking a wide array of records from four federal agencies to challenge Trump's potential business conflicts.
- Notorious Mexican drug lord Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán has been extradited to the United States to face multiple charges.
- Gingers rejoice! A redhead emoji may be coming your way soon 🙌