Point guard William Henry “Smush” Parker played for six different NBA teams (including the Lakers) between 2002 and 2008. His war of words with ex-teammate Kobe Bryant has brought him back into the headlines recently.
SMERSH was a Russian counter-intelligence agency in the Red Army from 1943 to 1946. The organization had a second life of sorts as the bad guys in several of Ian Fleming’s James Bond novels, like Casino Royale.
Smosh is the much-loved, much-hated Internet comedy duo of Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla formed in 2005. Their delightful/intolerable You Tube videos have garnered over a billion views. That’s “billion” with a b.
C’mon. You know what Smash is. You may wish you didn’t, but you do. Just get a box of wine and hate-watch a few episodes already.
Chicago Tribune columnist Mary Schmich is a Pulitzer Prize winner and wrote Brenda Starr for a quarter of a century. But you probably know her best for penning the article which became the basis for Baz Luhrmann’s 1999 smash “Everybody’s Free (To Wear Sunscreen).”
6. Smoosh, Smoosh, and Smoosh
Smoosh has a variety of meanings and associations. It can refer to a Seattle indie pop band now known as Chaos Chaos. It was infamously used as a euphemism for intercourse on MTV’s Jersey Shore, whose cast even had a designated “smoosh room.” But best of all, Smoosh was an Oasis-like band portrayed by Bob Odenkirk and David Cross on their sketch comedy series Mr. Show.
And Now You Know!
I can only hope you feel smarter now.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- The Trump administration wants to send immigrants caught at the southern US border to Mexico even if they're not from the country.
- Several states will keep enforcing bans against transgender discrimination in schools after Trump withdrew guidelines protecting students.
- Police arrested at least 10 people on Wednesday as they began clearing out protester camps at the Dakota Access Pipeline site.
- A couple recently celebrated their engagement with a "La La Land" inspired photo shoot, and it's pretty cute 💍📷