1. Get ready…these five ingredients are about to make your life a lot more peppy!
Use 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter, 1 cup old-fashioned oats (plus extra for rolling), 1½ tablespoons honey, 1/4 cup miniature chocolate chips (plus extra for rolling), and 1/4 cup flaxseeds (optional).
2. First, mix all of the above ingredients together nicely in a bowl.
3. Then let that chill for a bit and roll all of it up into a ball like this:
4. After the bites are formed into perfect little balls, roll them in oats and chocolate chips.
5. LOOK WHAT YOU’VE DONE!
6. Peanut Butter Energy Bites
7. Here’s a video that shows you how to make it:
Yields: 16-18 balls
2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup old-fashioned oats, plus extra for rolling
1½ Tbsp. honey
1/4 cup miniature chocolate chips, plus extra for rolling
1/4 cup flaxseeds (optional)
Mix all ingredients in a bowl until well-combined.
Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
Once done chilling, roll into approximately 1 inch balls. (Cover hands in a light layer of butter or oil to facilitate rolling and avoid getting sticky hands.)
Lay out a thin layer of oats and chocolate chips on a cutting board or work surface and roll the balls in the mixture. Finish off by rolling each ball between your hands to pack in the oats and chocolate chips.
Store in the refrigerator until ready to be eaten. Enjoy!