1. Unless you have really generous parents, your first car will probably be an old banger.
2. Your insurance will cripple you.
3. If you use P plates, people will take advantage of you.
4. If you don't use P plates, people will wonder why you're such a terrible driver.
5. Experienced drivers travelling with you will criticise your every movement.
6. You'll instantly learn that driving in your car isn't as easy as driving in your instructor's car.
7. If you mess up, you're on your own.
8. You'll never know where you're supposed to park.
9. Nobody else actually follows the rules of the road.
10. Every strange noise your car makes will put you into panic mode.
11. You'll spend all of your spare money on fuel.
12. Your parents will expect you to do their errands for them.
13. You'll become the designated driver for all social events.
14. Getting stuck in traffic will become your worst nightmare.
15. You'll realise how expensive it is to fix a car.
16. You'll forget about using all the difficult manoeuvres you learnt for your test.
17. You'll avoid parking in busy places.
18. Your car will slowly start filling up with rubbish and you'll have no idea where it all came from.
19. You'll sometimes wish you could go back to being a passenger again.
20. But you know you'd never be able to give up your new found freedom.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!