2. He quickly deleted the tweet after a fierce backlash, but people had already screengrabbed it.
3. He replaced it with this attempt to be conciliatory.
4. But Twitter was unimpressed.
6. Some users equated his logic with rape culture.
8. Others reminded him of his own embarrassing public photos.
9. Other Twitter users simply weren’t surprised at all.
10. Since making the joke, he has attempted to defend his comments by saying joking about something does not condone it.
11. But Twitter stepped up to explain where they thought he went wrong.
- It's the third day of the Democratic National Convention. Here's where things stand 🇺🇸
- Prosecutors have dropped remaining charges against Baltimore police officers related to the death of Freddie Gray.
- Twelve states will support Obama's transgender policies in court after other states sued to block the rules.