1. We've run out of ways to say, "It's so hot outside."
2. British men can finally quietly retire their knees until next year.
3. We were beginning to feel a bit vulnerable without our umbrellas.
4. This summer has been a constant disappointment for a nation that loves to be disappointed.
5. Now there are new things to complain about!
7. Bonfire night!
And all the outdoor drinking near massive open fires that comes with it.
8. The start of a football season which won't shame us on a national level.
9. Rugby season!
10. Proper TV begins again!
11. It is no longer salad season.
12. Britain in autumn is BEAUTIFUL.
If you're into lush greens and oranges, which we are.