1. All-nighters were kind of thrilling when they weren’t soul-crushing.
Staying up all night feels kind of like you defied nature and became King of the Darkness* even if you wanted to sleep so, so badly.
*Kings of Darkness wait until the last minute to write papers.
2. Competitive drinking was a way of life.
While turning alcohol consumption into a game is kind of weird when you really think about it, no one can deny that winning feels good. So you might as well win at as many things as possible. Somehow winning a game of Flippy Cup* feels more thrilling than winning a game of, say, “eat this yogurt really fast.”
*Or Flip Cup, calm down.
3. Snow penises seemed juvenile at the time but now there’s a snow penis-shaped void in your life.
For whatever reason, a snowy college campus means a 100% chance of spotting at least one snow penis, probably more.
4. Life was a little more interesting with that one weird, terrible roommate.
Roommates are only good for two things: Eating your food and supplying you with a lifetime of stories to complain about for generations to come.
5. Hanging out at the library was cool.
College library books probably hate their lives.
6. Weird drunken activities
Reasons and logic were never necessary.
7. Having meal points to just blow through
The magic and the horror of a college meal plan means eating things you never even thought you would eat.
8. Eating terrible things
It never felt wrong.
9. Eating terrible things while drunk
It only felt right.
10. Brazenly dressing like a slob
You can still dress like a slob after college, but people are more worried about you then.
11. Sleeping all the time
Anyone and everyone could be sleeping at literally any time, not unlike infants.
12. Straight up binge drinking
The only time in life where this is kind of, sort of socially acceptable.
13. The world expects, even encourages your vacation to be a drunken disaster
What even is spring break?
14. Furnishing your entire home with free stuff
It feels like you beat the system when your entire apartment is filled with free stuff, even if it’s ugly and came directly from the trash.
15. College team rivalries
It’s hard to beat the joy that comes from hating something just because.
- The Obama administration, which has been notoriously secretive about its drone policy, said drone strikes have killed up to 116 civilians.
- Nearly 70,000 people convicted of felonies but now on probation or parole are suing Louisiana for the right to vote.
- Attorney General Loretta Lynch said she'll accept FBI recommendations in the investigation of Hillary Clinton's private email servers.