1. A dial-up modem
2. Rotary dial telephones
3. A VHS tape rewinded
4. "You've Got Mail"
5. TV static
6. A pencil sharpener
7. A phone literally ringing
8. A dot matrix printer
9. A TV show audience going "awww"
10. Winding the film in a camera
11. Cracking open a hardcover book's spine
12. A newspaper being read
13. Tuning into a radio station
14. An analog alarm clock
15. A CD skipping
16. A coffee percolator
17. Intermission reels at the movies
18. A dial tone
19. A floppy disk drive at work
20. Snapping/sliding the metal thing on floppy disks
21. A film projector
22. Polar Bears
23. Loading a cassette into your walkman
24. The gchat notification sound
25. A TV station signing off
26. A slideshow projector switching slides
What are some of your favorite endangered or near-extinct sounds? Share in the comments.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!