3. Maj Sjöwall and Per Wahlöö
Aw, shucks, they are saying here, in Swedish, on account of together having pioneered the great tradition of dour Nordic detectives, with their Martin Beck mystery series. Also, had they gone with the shared combo-moniker “Sjöwahlöö,” we know they could have rocked that töö.
6. Lars Kepler
Having agreed on a mutual pseudonym honoring both Stieg Larsson and Johannes Kepler, Alexandra Coelho Ahndoril and Alexander Ahndoril embarked on a series of crime novels. One is called The Nightmare and definitely is not about their marriage.
9. Ayelet Waldman and Michael Chabon
Generally they each work solo, unless you count her essaying about their sex life and Tweeting about him giving her HPV. But they did co-write Hobgoblin, a drama about a group of magicians trying to take down Hitler, which unfortunately has stalled out during development at HBO.
- For MLK Day, we're taking a look at some rare pictures of Martin Luther King Jr.
- At least four people were killed in a shooting at a Mexican music festival.
- The Russian government agrees with comments Donald Trump made on Sunday, saying that NATO is "obsolete."
- And BuzzFeed News spent two months mapping Trump's personal and business connections — and found more than 1,500 in all.