2. When people imagine Bogotá to be a jungle
3. When people ask if you transferred from Columbia
4. When you admit you don't know what a funnel cake is
5. When you share home remedies with your friends
6. When your friends spell Colombia as "Columbia"
7. Everyday in class
8. When you try to explain Ajiaco, Empanada or Buñuelo
9. When you accidentally start explaining things in Spanish because you can't in English
10. And your only option is
11. When your friends tweet those explanations
12. When you finally find a place with good Colombian food
13. When people are surprised you speak English well
14. When your friends tell you to use your 'inside' voice
15. When you try to give advice
16. And it just doesn't work out
17. When you give your friends Aguardiente for the first time
18. When you use literal translations without knowing it
19. When you switch to speaking Spanish with your roommate
20. When Juan Luis Guerra mysteriously begins to play at the college bar.
21. When your non-hispanic friends refuse to support these shenanigans
22. So you close the bar with those left standing
23. And you realize there's a good dozen of you
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!