1. This taxi worker making sure his colleague still has a cup of tea as they pump out their office.
2. This pub ensuring it is prepared for the floods.
3. These Yorkshiremen refusing to give up their pint.
4. This person popping to the shops.
5. This woman cleaning the inside of Plonkers wine bar – and ignoring the water outside.
6. This addition to a Star Wars advert.
7. This person hearing their boss still wants them in at work.
8. The emergency services who ferried a midwife to a Selby home to ensure a baby was born safely.
9. These people sitting tight in their flats and having a natter out of the window.
10. These volunteers coming into Hebden Bridge to help with the clean-up.
11. These Yorkshire cricket clubs getting together to help teams who have been flooded out.
12. This mountain rescue team having a cup of tea in the garden before carrying people out of their houses.
13. This football club giving its spare food to the homeless.
14. These people in York who really wanted a pint and weren't going to wait for the water to subside.
15. The Yorkshire mosques who organised volunteers to help with the clean-up.
16. This Tadcaster shop which called on people to keep smiling – "Remember your British and maybe from Yorkshire".
17. This couple who pushed ahead with their wedding in Selby despite the floodwater nearby – but took their Wellington boots just in case.
18. This impromptu furniture sale.
19. This statement of the obvious.
20. This York pub telling people to stay quiet and keep drinking.
21. These Leeds men knowing how to get around town.
22. This person offering to cheer people up.
23. And this message of defiance.
Jim Waterson is a politics editor for BuzzFeed News and is based in London.
Contact Jim Waterson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.