First, Ed Balls joined in.
Ok, ok.. Because it would be rude not to..! RT @edballsmp: Ed Balls
Then Ed Balls’ political advisor had a go.
And eventually Ed Balls’ wife joined the party.
RT @edballsmp: Ed Balls
For one afternoon the nation celebrated Ed Balls, together, as one.
After all that, just popping back out to our Ed Balls street party. Really brought the community together.
1. March: Ed Balls spurns George Osborne’s advances on the Andrew Marr Show sofa.
There’s something in their body language but we can’t quite work out what it is.
4. April: Ed Balls makes it onto railway signs.
Sorry… But this is getting really wierd.. RT @FelicityMorse: Ed Balls makes it onto a train sign
5. April: Ed Balls completes the London Marathon.
Members of the public turn up with “Ed Balls” signs and shout the shadow chancellor’s name from the sidelines. He also beat his namesake Edmund Balls in the 70+ age category.
6. April: Ed Balls auditions to be in Carly Rae Jepsen’s backing band.
Hey I just met you, and this is crazy, but here’s my number, so Ed Balls maybe?
7. April: Ed Balls, the genesis story, is revealed to Prophet James Lyons of the Daily Mirror.
The phenomenon started at an Asda store in the Castleford constituency of his wife and fellow MP Yvette Cooper. An aide had urged Ed to search Twitter for an article mentioning him before hitting the aisles.
He was busy tracking down ingredients for a 12 hour pulled pork BBQ to celebrate the Royal Wedding when another panicked staff member rang.
The MP had accidentally hit one of the keys on the Blackberry phone he had slipped into his pocket and the Twitter app he was using tweeted the search.
9. June: Ed Balls meets a girl on a pony on Oxford Street.
11. September: Ed Balls gives an enthusiastic performance in the annual politicians v journalists football match.
12. September: Ed Balls consider whether he’s a happy cow or an angry tiger.
13. September: Ed Balls beomes a rule in the UK version of the ultra-rude game Cards Against Humanity.
14. November: Ed Balls starts to question what he’s doing in the House of Commons.
15. November: Ed Balls invents a new form of smoothie. In Swindon.
16. November: Ed Balls sneaks a Norwich City FC shirt onto US television.
18. December: Ed Balls progresses from keyboard to a grand piano at a charity concert.
19. December: Ed Balls-themed goods become the most desired present in stockings across the land.
@edballsmp look what I got for Christmas! This thing’s got serious, Ed.. @yvettecoopermp