53. The Day Today brought us the news that no one else would touch.
52. It gave us Brant, the world's worst political cartoonist.
51. And hospitals treating medieval ailments.
49. It gave us top tips on how to do home burials via its D.I.Y. strand.
47. It cared about the environment.
45. It even used hi-tech graphics to explain how Libya stole Crete under cover of darkness.
44. In fact, in the graphics department, it was unsurpassed.
42. As was music.
41. And near-death experiences were portrayed with unerring accuracy.
38. In fact, the political coverage was as incisive as it gets.
Elsewhere, Two Headed Sex Beast failed to win.
36. Policemen appeared to complain about uniform shortages.
35. While the issue of taking money out of the NHS was dealt with rather more literally.
And singlehandedly predicted the way every piece of weather coverage on TV would go.
33. The news was broken that Prince Charles was going into prison.
31. There was pioneering undercover journalism.
"A lot of pressure on the Bundersvessel."
29. It understood the surreal banality of football results.
24. And watched a scintillating interview with Richard Branson.
The show proved so successful that they even took it on the road.
16. Every look at the front pages was genius.
Independent goes with "Portillo's face felt like guts, said girl".