1. Irate members of the public regularly complain to the BBC, and the broadcaster has to compile them all in an internal log. These extracts, obtained by BuzzFeed, show what viewers had to say about a recent episode of Doctor Who.
2. The middle complaint is probably the most dramatic:
Promotion of Beastiality. I am a married man with 6 children , and i do not appreciate the active promotion of beastiality on prime time t.v. The recent new series of Dr Who starts off with a servant girl declaring her love for her misstress and then smacking her mistress on the head whilst reminding her they are married ? Not too dramatic untill the fact that the servant girls mistress is a LIZARD is made apparent . I am sick of all the men kissing men and women on women in t.v. soaps but to have this depraved viewing presented to us in what is in essence a kids t.v. programme is beyond a joke . This current so called modern world mentality should be stopped .
.Same sent to Ofcom .
3. Elsewhere in the BBC complaints log, someone is very annoyed by the use of the word “dunce” on The Great British Bake Off.
4. This is the comment, transcribed.
A PRESENTER’S SAID THE WORD DUNCE.ON BAKE OFF. ONE OF THE PRESENTER ON THE GREAT BRITISH BAKE OFF, WHICH WAS BROADCASTER ON THE 27/08/2014. SAID THE WORD DUNCE, THAT TO ME WAS OFFENCE, AS I WAS PUT IN TOO A CORNER IN MY CLASSROOM BACK IN THE 60’S. BECAUSE I COULD NOT READ OF WRITE, SO THE TEACHER PUT A DUNCE CONE HATE WITH THE LETTER (D) ON TO MY HEAD. WITH ALL THE CLASS LOOKING AT ME. SO WHEN THE PRESENTER SAID THE DUNCE WORD, IT UPSTER ME. I THOUGHT THAT THE WORD DUNCE WAS OFFENCE. THESE’S DAYS.
5. And these are the most complained-about issues at the BBC over the last month.
Because when all’s said and done, there is one thing that irates BBC viewers more than apparent pro-Israel/anti-Israel bias: the accidental repeat of an episode of Pointless.