1. LeBron James is the greatest basketball player that ever was, according to him. But there is something ever more powerful, against which even he was powerless Thursday night: temperatures in the upper 80s.
The Miami Heat’s LeBron James sits on the sidelines Thursday after leaving the court.
3. LeBron and the Heat were at the AT&T Center in San Antonio Thursday night for Game 1 of the NBA Finals against the Spurs. Near the end of the game, the air conditioning failed. Temperatures neared 90 degrees.
5. Like a true king, LeBron was carried off the court — after getting cramps. He missed the last four minutes of the game because the heat was too much.
7. The irony of too much heat for the Heat was not lost on Twitter:
- Jury deadlocked in trial of Michael Slager, former South Carolina police officer charged with murder for fatal shooting of Walter Scott.
- Facebook scammers are profiting from pipeline protesters at Standing Rock by stealing Native American artwork.
- Mall of America, the largest mall in the country, is hosting its first ever black Santa 🎅🏿