Shia LaBeouf after his arrest last week in New York City.
2. Shia LaBeouf is receiving voluntary treatment for alcohol addiction, his representative told BuzzFeed Tuesday.
LaBeouf’s rep Melissa Kates said in a statement that, contrary to earlier reports, the actor has not entered rehab:
Contrary to previous erroneous reports, Shia LaBeouf has not checked into a rehabilitation facility but he is voluntarily receiving treatment for alcohol addiction.
He understands that these recent actions are a symptom of a larger health problem and he has taken the first of many necessary steps towards recovery.
Kates did not elaborate on what kind of lesser treatment LaBeouf is actually getting other than to say it is not rehab.
3. The revelation that LaBeouf is receiving treatment comes just days after he was arrested in New York City.
LaBeouf was arrested June 26 for criminal trespass and disorderly conduct after he reportedly was smoking and yelling during a performance of Cabaret. He was released the next day. That same day TMZ posted photos of LaBeouf apparently getting into some sort of altercation with a homeless man shortly before his arrest.
- White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer repeated claims that the inauguration was the most watched ever. But the numbers (still) don't make sense.
- Britain's Supreme Court has ruled that Prime Minister Theresa May needs to consult parliament before triggering Brexit.
- People are backing one of the Women's March organizers after conservative blogs claimed she has deep ties to terrorism.
- "The Great Liberation Of France" is a private chat room that Trump Supporters are using to manipulate French voters 💬👀