Shia LaBeouf after his arrest last week in New York City.
2. Shia LaBeouf is receiving voluntary treatment for alcohol addiction, his representative told BuzzFeed Tuesday.
LaBeouf’s rep Melissa Kates said in a statement that, contrary to earlier reports, the actor has not entered rehab:
Contrary to previous erroneous reports, Shia LaBeouf has not checked into a rehabilitation facility but he is voluntarily receiving treatment for alcohol addiction.
He understands that these recent actions are a symptom of a larger health problem and he has taken the first of many necessary steps towards recovery.
Kates did not elaborate on what kind of lesser treatment LaBeouf is actually getting other than to say it is not rehab.
3. The revelation that LaBeouf is receiving treatment comes just days after he was arrested in New York City.
LaBeouf was arrested June 26 for criminal trespass and disorderly conduct after he reportedly was smoking and yelling during a performance of Cabaret. He was released the next day. That same day TMZ posted photos of LaBeouf apparently getting into some sort of altercation with a homeless man shortly before his arrest.
- An airplane carrying Republican VP candidate Mike Pence skidded off the runway at New York City's LaGuardia airport. No one was injured.
- A federal jury cleared the leaders of an Oregon standoff. The militia group took over a wildlife refuge last January.
- A Trump official says the campaign has "three major voter suppression operations underway."
- RIP — Vine says it's discontinuing its mobile app, effectively ending the 6-second video service 💀