1. His Royal Highness Prince George of Cambridge — future King of the Angles and the First Men — will have his first birthday on Tuesday. To celebrate, he (and his parents Prince William and Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge) released a new photo:
The photo was taken July 2 when Prince George visited the Sensational Butterflies exhibition at the Natural History Museum in London. It was released Saturday and shows the future king wearing his favorite color palette: blue and stripes. After the photo was released, the Agence France-Presse observed that the young prince has “become something of a style icon” and his outfit is “likely to be copied around the world.”
2. Photographer John Stillwell said Prince George “was very lively and very sure of himself and confident — a very determined young boy.”
- More than two dozen people were injured after a car crashed into a crowd at a Mardi Gras parade on Saturday, New Orleans police said.
- President Trump said he will skip the White House correspondents' dinner. Yesterday, he called the media "the enemy of the people."
- Tom Perez has been named chair of the Democratic National Committee. He was Obama's Labor Secretary.
- Here's the beef: Rapper Remy Ma dragged Nicki Minaj in a new diss track, who fired back with a Beyoncé endorsement 😱