3. Meis also pepper sprayed Ybarra and, along with other students, confined him until the police caught up. Investigators called Meis a hero and said they were in awe of his selflessness.
Jon Meis is taken from the scene of the shooting Thursday.
5. The shooting happened just two weeks before Meis’ wedding. As people learned of his heroism, they wanted to thank him and began buying the gifts on his wedding registry.
7. Random strangers shared the link to Meis’ registry online.
18. The campaign quickly spread online and in local media. It reached its goal of $5,000 within hours.
20. Meis’ wedding is scheduled for June 21. By Friday night, more than $6,800 had been contributed.
- Immigrants are worried two government memos are laying the groundwork for the deportation force Trump promised on the campaign trail.
- A US federal judge ruled that Texas can't cut Planned Parenthood out of its Medicaid program.
- The UK Supreme Court ruled that it's legal for the government to keep couples apart because of their income.
- Yalla! You can now download a new Arab emoji keyboard that includes a belly dancer, Oman Chips, and more 👏