3. Meis also pepper sprayed Ybarra and, along with other students, confined him until the police caught up. Investigators called Meis a hero and said they were in awe of his selflessness.
Jon Meis is taken from the scene of the shooting Thursday.
5. The shooting happened just two weeks before Meis’ wedding. As people learned of his heroism, they wanted to thank him and began buying the gifts on his wedding registry.
7. Random strangers shared the link to Meis’ registry online.
18. The campaign quickly spread online and in local media. It reached its goal of $5,000 within hours.
20. Meis’ wedding is scheduled for June 21. By Friday night, more than $6,800 had been contributed.
- UK chancellor George Osborne says Brexit will impact the economy but Britain faces the challenge from "a position of strength."
- What Brexit can tell us about how the U.S. presidential election is going. Note: it's not the same thing as Trump.
- Thousands flooded New York City's streets to celebrate Pride on Sunday. It was a colorful party of love and acceptance.