1. Wednesday afternoon, a fire erupted in an Indianapolis home. At the time, 13-year-old Nick Lamb, who is deaf, was sleeping inside.
The 13-year-old boy had been excited Wednesday, because he was finally old enough to stay home alone. He usually wears hearing aids but didn’t have them in as he napped, so he didn’t hear the home’s smoke alarms, the local NBC-affiliate reported.
3. Ace and the boy both made it outside safely. Now Ace is being hailed as a hero.
Lamb’s mother, Lindsay Bernard, called the event “amazing, because if [Ace] wouldn’t have been there, he probably wouldn’t have even woke up.”
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
- Former British prime minister Tony Blair says there are elements of the Brexit debate "happening the world over."
- Uber documents provided to BuzzFeed News suggest that price cuts don't always raise driver wages 🚗💸
- President Barack Obama declared a major disaster in West Virginia after at least 23 people were killed in flash floods.