1. Wednesday afternoon, a fire erupted in an Indianapolis home. At the time, 13-year-old Nick Lamb, who is deaf, was sleeping inside.
The 13-year-old boy had been excited Wednesday, because he was finally old enough to stay home alone. He usually wears hearing aids but didn’t have them in as he napped, so he didn’t hear the home’s smoke alarms, the local NBC-affiliate reported.
3. Ace and the boy both made it outside safely. Now Ace is being hailed as a hero.
Lamb’s mother, Lindsay Bernard, called the event “amazing, because if [Ace] wouldn’t have been there, he probably wouldn’t have even woke up.”
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
- Criticized previously for not forcefully speaking out, Donald Trump condemned anti-Semitism after bomb threats were reported at 11 Jewish centers.
- President Trump has named H.R. McMaster as his new national security adviser, replacing Michael Flynn who resigned last week.
- Milo Yiannopoulos's book has been canceled after he was accused of defending pedophilia.
- West Elm pulled the Peggy Couch from its site after years of scathing customer reviews and complaints of buttons popping off 🙈