1. Wednesday afternoon, a fire erupted in an Indianapolis home. At the time, 13-year-old Nick Lamb, who is deaf, was sleeping inside.
The 13-year-old boy had been excited Wednesday, because he was finally old enough to stay home alone. He usually wears hearing aids but didn’t have them in as he napped, so he didn’t hear the home’s smoke alarms, the local NBC-affiliate reported.
3. Ace and the boy both made it outside safely. Now Ace is being hailed as a hero.
Lamb’s mother, Lindsay Bernard, called the event “amazing, because if [Ace] wouldn’t have been there, he probably wouldn’t have even woke up.”
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
- Donald Trump says the shooting of NBA star Dwyane Wade's cousin is evidence of high crime rates he believes will boost his support among black people in November's election.
- Facebook shifts to algorithms to decide which stories to highlight in its trending news section after allegations of liberal bias at the company.
- Protesters climbed Berlin's Brandenburg Gate to protest against refugees. About 1.1 million asylum-seekers arrived in Germany last year.