1. Wednesday afternoon, a fire erupted in an Indianapolis home. At the time, 13-year-old Nick Lamb, who is deaf, was sleeping inside.
The 13-year-old boy had been excited Wednesday, because he was finally old enough to stay home alone. He usually wears hearing aids but didn’t have them in as he napped, so he didn’t hear the home’s smoke alarms, the local NBC-affiliate reported.
3. Ace and the boy both made it outside safely. Now Ace is being hailed as a hero.
Lamb’s mother, Lindsay Bernard, called the event “amazing, because if [Ace] wouldn’t have been there, he probably wouldn’t have even woke up.”
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
- One person died and more than 100 others were injured after a commuter train crashed into a New Jersey Transit station in Hoboken.
- Fans of Donald Trump say Bill Clinton's past indiscretions are fair game at the next debate.
- Asos workers at the heart of its global retail empire say they're being treated like machines to deliver fast fashion.