In this video, we’ll look at the leapfrog techinique for map & compass navigation/ This is used when you have a partner navigating in a wooded area where it can be easy to get off course as you go around tress or other obstacles.
the concept is fairly easy.
1. take a bearing
2. have your partner walk ahead of you, direct your partner left, right or on bearing.
3. once your partner is 50-75 feet ahead, tell him / her to stop, adjust if necessary.
4. walk up to and leapfrog past your partner
5. your partner now directs you
this method will allow you to stay on course and increase your accuracy when traveling with your map & compass
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Obama's student loan forgiveness efforts will likely cost taxpayers tens of billions of dollars more than expected 👀💵