1. The MV Explorer was your home for three months.
And forever, in your heart
2. You got VERY cozy with your roommate.
And pretended to be asleep if she had any “visitors”
3. This was your lifeline to get on and off the ship.
4. You had class in rooms like this.
But class always paused if someone spotted a whale outside…
5. You started a blog but only posted one entry.
6. You always nodded off during Global Studies…
7. Or you never went to Global Studies at all.
8. You never knew what day of the week it was, but always knew whether it was an A day or B day.
9. You studied outside whenever you could (because you’d be crazy to study inside).
Though, let’s be honest, you didn’t do much studying.
10. You’d hear this every time the crew ran a drill:
11. You felt special when a crew member knew your name and said hello.
12. Hooking up in the lifeboat was your ULTIMATE GOAL.
13. You lived for pub night and collected your wine for three days in a Nalgene until you could actually get drunk off it.
14. You lost an hour every night as the ship headed east and you turned into a zombie.
15. You saw Captain Jeremy dressed up as King Neptune on Neptune Day…
18. You were the tannest you’ve ever been and ever will be.
Which is probably for the best.
19. You “worked out” on the ship and just tried to not fall off the treadmill.
20. You felt so fancy when you and your friends did fine dining to celebrate someone’s birthday.
21. You walked into a new city feeling totally prepared…
22. But you usually came back with diarrhea.
23. You saw some of the world’s greatest wonders…
Like the Great Wall of China
And the Taj Mahal in India
Or the Reclining Buddha in Thailand
Or the ruins of Tikal in Guatemala
Or the halls of the Alhambra in Spain
24. You did something TOTALLY INSANE like skydiving or swimming with sharks.
25. At some point you told your family you were moving to China or Thailand or South Africa or whatever your favorite country was FOREVER.
26. You learned to squat to pee in Asia and HATED it.
27. Everyone in Asia wanted a picture with you.
28. You saw a lot of translated signs that were sort of kind of maybe a little off.
29. You held up signs in each country to thank your parents for helping to send you on the greatest journey of your life.
30. You went on safari and saw INCREDIBLE animals.
31. Helpful strangers around the world restored your faith in humanity.
32. Dock time was your worst nightmare.
33. You couldn’t wait to get home to the MV Explorer after a few days ashore and take a much-needed shower…
34. And this was the stairway to heaven.
35. You watched the country you just visited fade into the distance as you set sail for the next one.
36. You went through the Panama Canal (if you were lucky!)
37. Those sunsets over the ocean were the most beautiful ones you’ve ever seen.
38. You recognize every room in this video (and are maybe even in it!)
39. You dressed up to the nines for Ambassador’s Ball/Alumni Ball.
40. By the end of the voyage, you knew every single person on the ship.
41. And everyone signed your map on the last day.
42. You had a pretty hard time adjusting back to life on dry land…
43. But you can always tell your friends this:
44. You made lifelong friendships that changed your life for the better.
45. You’ll always consider the MV Explorer home.
46. You circumnavigated the globe!!!
47. And you wish you could do it all over again every. single. day.
- Some of Donald Trump's diehard supporters say they have mixed feelings about watching — much less paying for — Trump TV.
- The Obama administration delayed trans workers' protections for years after a landmark civil rights decision 🔎🌈
- A powerful magnitude-6.1 earthquake struck Italy Wednesday night, hours after a smaller magnitude-5.5 quake struck the same region.
- Facebook keeps promoting fake news. Experts say its trending algorithm can't stop it—and it could get worse ❌📰