From empowering underprivileged youth to raising money for life-saving cancer research, these teens are changing the world with their amazing service projects. They might make you feel a little guilty for sitting on the couch and watching all that Netflix...
Meet 15 stellar teens who are making a big difference. They recently received $36,000 Diller Teen Tikkun Olam Awards for their dedication to social good. Check out http://www.dillerteenawards.org/ to learn more about these young heroes and their projects.
1. Paige Alenick | Donate A Toothbrush, or 100,000…
2. Tyler Barbee | Challenger Baseball and Basketball, a social action homerun
3. Zach Certner | SNAP (Special Needs Athletic Programs), where helping the world is a marathon, not a sprint
4. Jonny Cohen | GreenShields, the school bus superhero
5. Morgan Davidson | Ambassadors for Hope Club, making optimism a way of life
6. Jacob Gardenswartz | Theater of Peace (TOP), performing for a better tomorrow
7. Katie Hamelburg | Operation 18,000, a not-so-secret mission to save the world
8. Amanda Harris | Wear then Share: A tutu for you, too!
9. Maxine Harvey | Debbie’s Treasure Chest, where you don’t have to be a pirate to strike community service gold
10. Yoni Kalin | Color My World, spreading joy far outside the lines
11. Lillian Pravda | Vision for and from Children: One teen’s world-changing perspective
12. Adena Rochelson | Operation Soap Dish, washing away the world’s problems
13. Yaniv Sadka | Teens Curing Cancer: never underestimate a teen with a mission
14. Joshua Toch | Mind Before Mouth: Words can hurt; they can also heal
15. Samantha Vinik | iTold4, and together, we told 2,300 teens
Do any of these teens sound like you? Are you a Jewish teen who is interested in applying for the 2015 Awards, and the opportunity to receive $36,000? Want to learn more about the Diller Teen Tikkun Olam Awards and the outstanding 2014 recipients? Please visit: http://www.dillerteenawards.org/