1. El Ghriba, Djerba, Tunisia This breathtaking shul is located on the Tunisian island of Djerba, in the Jewish village of Hara Seghira (currently known as Er-Riadh). 2. Ben Ezra, Egypt Ben Ezra, or the "Synagogue of the Levantines" is located in Old Cairo, Egypt. According to local tradition, it is located on the site where baby Moses was found! 3. Bikur Holim, Izmir, Turkey Adjacent to the former Jewish Hospital in "Cankaya", once the Jewish district of Izmir. According to locals, the synagogue was used for hospital overflow in times of epidemic. 4. Franji Synagogue, Damascus, Syria Tucked away behind a small door in the Jewish quarter of Old Damascus, near the Talisman Hotel. 5. Magen Abraham, Lebanon Located in the Jewish district of Wadi Abu Jamil in Beirut, the synagogue was destroyed during the Lebanese Civil War, and restored in 2010. 6. Nahon Synagogue, Morocco Named for its founder, built in 1870 in Tangier. After falling into disrepair, the synagogue was renovated in 1994 by a Jewish architect who traced his roots to Tangier. 7. Pol-e-Choubi Synagogue, Iran Located in Tehran, this synagogue caters to the largest Jewish community in the Middle East outside of Israel! 8. Eliyahu Hanavi Sephardic, Egypt Located in Alexandria, this grand temple was built almost 700 years ago! Services are still held in the synagogue, even though it now caters to a very small community due to the dwindling number of Jews in Alexandria. 9. Erdine Synagogue, Turkey A historic Sephardi synagogue in Edirne, Turkey. It was designed in the Moorish Revival style and built in 1909. 10. Shaar Hashomayim, Egypt Located in Cairo, also known as the Adly Street Synagogue. 2008 marked its 100th anniversary, This temple was once the largest building on the boulevard! 11. Slat Alfassiyine, Fes "Slat Alfassiyine" (Prayer of those from Fes) est. in the 17th century in the old Medina, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The synagogue had fallen into disrepair, closing since the 1960s, but with funding from Morocco’s Jewish community it has now been restored to its former glory!