1. The collective eye roll on the red carpet
2. Exhausted from the heavy lifting
3. FTW. Speak truth to power.
This list is meant to be a reminder that this behavior is internalized in such a deep level in our culture and that while we're seeing momentum, we can't take our foot off the gas. If at next year’s Golden Globes there is no movement or follow-up to last night, we will be having a different conversation. But until then, we have to make this the norm until the culture adapts to the new norm.
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
Right now, here are 3 things you can do:
1. If you can give, give to the Time's Up Legal Defense Fund.
2. Be an upstander in your space of business. Be alert and aware and a champion for systemic change.
3. If you work in Hollywood and you’re a funder or a producer, find the courage and the conviction to seek out diverse stories and help tell them. And for all of us, it’s not just enough to ask Hollywood to show up, we have to show up too by supporting films with diverse casts and speaking out about those that still don't make the mark.