1. This is what your life is like before you attend the National Guard Youth ChalleNGe Program.
2. Someone suggests you attend the Youth ChalleNGe Program, and you're probably like
3. Then you discover you can earn high school credits or graduate in less than 6 months, and you're like
4. First week in the barracks.
5. Before you know it, you've graduated from candidate to cadet.
6. Then you get REALLY motivated.
7. And PT? Totally becomes a piece of cake.
8. But when you don't follow instructions, you're like
9. You think about quitting, but then the cadre give you a pep talk and you’re like
10. Then you get more motivated than EVER.
11. Then you begin to realize that you’re really starting to change….for the better.
12. You even made platoon leader!
13. You leave for homepass and realize the joy your family feels when they realize that you’ve become a new person.
14. And on Family Day, mom REALLY knows you mean business.
15. And just when you’re starting to really love the program, months have passed and you realize that it’s almost over.
16. But man, don't you feel like a million bucks when you walk across that stage after 5 1/2 months?
17. When people ask you if ChalleNGe changed your life
18. And at that moment, you realize that if you had the chance....you'd do it all over again.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!