1. Maggie Vessey might not be a household name (yet) but in the running world she’s making waves not only for her speed but also for her style.
Formerly sponsored by New Balance, the medium-distance runner has been known in recent years for wearing some unconventional running gear.
2. Instead of the traditional singlet-and-brief, Vessey has teamed up with several L.A. designers to create custom suits.
“On this particular outfit,” Vessey told Runner’s World, “I worked with Merlin Castell on the pattern, sample and prototype, and with Corena Gibson on creating the custom Navajo print.”
5. “It is a very authentic expression of who I am, and I now have this opportunity to be able to put that out there, be bold, and take a risk.”
- President Trump has given House Republicans an ultimatum: Pass their health care bill Friday or he will move on to other issues.
- FBI agents posed as filmmakers to talk to armed militia during a standoff in Nevada, then used the footage against two men on trial in federal court.
- The suspect in the London terror attack near Parliament, who was killed by police, has been identified as 52-year-old Khalid Masood.
- A lawsuit has been filed against a renowned UC Berkeley professor who allegedly sexually harassed and assaulted a former student and employee.