1. Coolers are a utility. They’re boring. They’re whatever. Or at least, they were until Ryan Grepper decided to change the game forever.
Behold: The Coolest cooler, a Kickstarter project that was already in the 20 most funded projects the site’s ever had by the fifth day. The page calls it “a portable party disguised as a cooler,” which seems hyperbolic until you read what this cooler can do.
10. Backers who contribute at least $165 will get one of the new versions, which are estimated to ship in February 2015.
This model is actually the second iteration of the project, which failed to raise enough money on the platform when Grepper first tried last winter. The original goal for this round was $50,000, but the project already has nearly $4 million with over 19,000 backers and 47 days to go. If the momentum continues, it could be one of the highest funded projects ever.
- President Trump said he will skip the White House correspondents' dinner. Yesterday, he called the media "the enemy of the people."
- Tom Perez has been named chair of the Democratic National Committee. He was Obama's Labor Secretary.
- Churches across the US are prepping an underground railroad system for immigrants who fear deportation under Trump.
- Barack Obama took Malia to see a Broadway show and everyone is talking about how refreshed he's looking 😎