2. But as you can see from the un-retouched images obtained exclusively by Jezebel, his anti-glam, high-flash style isn’t safe from the retoucher.
The printed images required lots of physical changes to Mimi’s body and face, which are typical of cover image shoots. But the biggest change was the extensive color and lighting correction. Even Uncle Terry himself needed an entirely new digital paint job to be fit for print.
3. The rest of the photos, seen on Jezebel, have the same blanket color correction—even on Mariah’s children.
“What’s supposed to be so remarkable about Richardson’s signature style,” Jezebel points out, “is how his otherwise amateur methods, when used to shoot high-profile celebs, create uniquely candid portraits that appear to be at once documentary and aspirational.”
- Donald Trump said that his comments about Sweden were referring to a Fox News segment, not an actual incident in the country 🇸🇪🙃
- The CEO of Uber is investigating sexism and sexual harassment claims after a former employee said her reports were ignored.
- Geologists say they've discovered an eighth continent beneath New Zealand. "Zealandia" is 94% submerged underwater 🔎🌍
- The US ambassador to Somalia gave the country's new president a "Make Somalia Great Again" hat and the exchange was ~confusing~.