1. Meet Helene Meldahl, aka @mirrosme, the girl who is putting her doodles to good use.
2. Hailing from Norway and now living in Washington, D.C., Helene is a born doodler.
3. She’s gotten attention for clever Instagram selfies like these.
4. The mirrors drawings started, she told BuzzFeed, because she used to write cute messages to her roommates with lipstick on their mirrors.
5. “At the time I was writing my bachelor thesis in entrepreneurship,” she said, “and I guess it was some sort of procrastination.”
“I have this skill that if I am bored, I just let my mind drift off, and start thinking about fun, creative things instead. (I have made it to tons of boring dinner parties this way.)”
7. …and have gotten increasingly more elaborate.
8. “It varies how long it takes — it depends on the drawing. Some take 20 minutes, others more. I just kind of get lost in it and enjoy it.”
9. The drawings are all made by hand with chalk, Posca markers, and acrylic markers.
10. She’s tackled everything from pop culture…
15. “I have always needed some kind of activity to channel my thoughts and creativity,” she said.
“I guess I feel as though I invent a little ‘stage in the mirror.’ I know it might sound weird, but for me it was the only natural thing to do — to draw on my bathroom mirror… Why not, right?”
- Explosions outside of a major sports stadium in Istanbul, Turkey, on Saturday evening have injured at least 38 people.
- Trump will reportedly pick ExxonMobil's CEO Rex Tillerson as secretary of state. He has a long history of oil deals with Russia.
- Gen. David Petraeus helped block the autopsy of an Afghan man who died mysteriously in US custody, emails show.
- People are in love with a dog who rides around in a decked out dog car spreading Christmas cheer to hospital patients 🐶🎄