33 Tricks To Make A Rainy Day Suck Less
Bring on the April showers.
1. If you get caught in a downpour, running will actually keep you drier.
2. Always wear thin socks if you think your feet will get wet.
3. If you know it's going to rain, bring extra socks.
Wet socks are the second worst thing that rain can do to you (after wet jeans). Get these cuties here.
4. Broken umbrella? Just get some wire!
6. For men who don't want to wear full-on rainboots, these go over your regular shoes.
7. Compression shorts will reduce chafing.
Perfect for wearing under jeans if they might get wet, or when you're running in the rain. Get these here.
8. Make sure all your leather and suede shoes are waterproof.
You never know when you'll be caught in a shower. This simple spray lets you be prepared for anything (water related, at least.)
9. Even if you don't usually, use a little hairspray on rainy or humid days.
10. These genius boots fold up and fit in your bag.
11. Make this DIY boot tray to avoid tracking water all through your house.
12. Get a waterproof phone case to prevent disaster.
13. Check your treds.
14. Put newspaper in your shoes to dry them out.
15. Always pack a microfiber towel.
16. Or you could spring for this portable dryer.
17. If you want to be EXTRA prepared, these "super dry" gloves dry your hair even faster.
18. You can always use this method in a pinch.
19. If you realize too late that you've got flyaways, a little hand lotion will do the trick.
Just rub a tiny bit on your palms and finger-comb through your hair.
20. Blotting papers will dry off your face without ruining your makeup.
21. In a pinch, you can also use a (clean!) toilet seat cover.
22. If your phone does get wet, pop it in some rice.
23. Give your old rain boots a paint job makeover.
24. Treat yourself to a fancy umbrella.
25. Or a clear umbrella.
26. Or this Kraken umbrella which will make everything better.
27. You can also use paint to upgrade your own umbrella.
On the inside or the outside. Get the directions here.