3. Dutch Oven: Le Creuset vs. Lodge
In this test, both brands performed exactly the same. The Le Creuset comes in slightly different volumes (3.5, 4.5, 5.5, and 7.5 quarts) than the Lodge (3, 4.6, 6, and 7 quarts), but otherwise the $350 difference doesn’t get you anything different. Check out the Lodge here.
5. Stand Mixer: Kitchen Aid vs. Hamilton Beach
Or, if your heart is set on a Kitchen Aid brand mixer, they are frequently available used on Craigslist and Ebay. And you can replace the bowl for around $40.
7. Chef’s Knife: Shun vs. Victorinox
Although the Shun is a time-tested favorite, the Victorinox Chef’s Knife is a great alternative and the first choice of many professional chefs. And at $85 cheaper, you can even afford to get an extra paring knife to go with it. Get one here.
8. Espresso Machine: Rancilio Silvia vs. DeLonghi
Rancilio Silvia might be the “Mercedes of Espresso Machines,” but you could almost get a used car for the price. Enter the DeLonghi, a pump-driven machine at a steam-driven price. Even coffee snobs will appreciate the quality of this machine. Get one here.
- President Trump delivered a fiery campaign-style speech to about 9,000 adoring supporters in Melbourne, Florida on Saturday afternoon.
- A Washington DC public school has fired back at Education Secretary Betsy DeVos after she criticized its teachers.
- Mark Sanford held a town hall on Saturday that he organized with Indivisible, a group dedicated to holding members of Congress' feet to the fire.
- A gay teen was kicked out of his house, and people are loving how this rapper helped him out 🌈 💜